Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

So we buy Walcott for £20m and Arsenal replace him with Malcolm for the same amount... hmmmm

Tbf, not a fan of Walcott, but this Malcom lad doesn't look anything special either, reckon he will struggle massively as he's as one footed as they come and looks about 7 stone

So we buy Walcott for £20m and Arsenal replace him with Malcolm for the same amount... hmmmm

Tbf, not a fan of Walcott, but this Malcom lad doesn't look anything special either, reckon he will struggle massively as he's as one footed as they come and looks about 7 stone

He's a less skillful, less hard working Aaron Lennon. No heart, no hunger, no desire, no footballing intelligence no creativity and basically a kick and rush winger. Unless we were getting him for £5mil I don't think he's a smart use of our limited transfer funds.

Kick and rush winger who scored 19 goals last season. I'd be surprised if lennon has scored many more than 19 in his whole career

Gylfi is better, like.

But yeh, I'd certainly welcome Walcott.

Do think Lookman needs a loan though, if Walcott does come in. The lad needs game time and to strengthen up a bit. If he can replicate anywhere close to Dowell's form at Forest, it'll be a success.

Also, while I don't think we'll actively look to sell him, isn't Lennon out of contract come summer? May well be the case that we've had an offer in and both parties are interested in it.
Lennon is a no brainer for any team in a relegation scrap (we aren't), he has the right attitude, works his arse off and as shown when he first arrived with us (both times) he actually tends to hit a purple patch for 6-8 games after moving clubs.

Kick and rush winger who scored 19 goals last season. I'd be surprised if lennon has scored many more than 19 in his whole career
Funny fact: Yannick Bolasie has scored a grand total of 23 league goals since 2010.

That's an absolutely vile return. Which divvy ok'd shelling 27m out for this turd?

Lennon is a no brainer for any team in a relegation scrap (we aren't), he has the right attitude, works his arse off and as shown when he first arrived with us (both times) he actually tends to hit a purple patch for 6-8 games after moving clubs.

Burnley were touted in the summer Ste and I think he would be perfect for them if we did end up selling.

Funny fact: Yannick Bolasie has scored a grand total of 23 league goals since 2010.

That's an absolutely vile return. Which divvy ok'd shelling 27m out for this turd?

First name Steve
Surname Walsh

Woeful return goals wise isn't it but tbf I like Bolasie but that might have more to do with the absolute sterile dross I've watched over the years so anything resembling a stepover I get a tad too excited

He's a less skillful, less hard working Aaron Lennon. No heart, no hunger, no desire, no footballing intelligence no creativity and basically a kick and rush winger. Unless we were getting him for £5mil I don't think he's a smart use of our limited transfer funds.

I can't remember Lennon ever scoring 19 goals in a season, though

While I agree i'd rather a little younger than 28-29, however, we do need players in their peak, not potential or experience.

Question becomes though - not all players peak at the same age, and is Walcott 'past his peak at 28', thats the thing to be wary off, a 24 year old Walcott i'd have zero complaints with, this just has a feel of Aaron Lennon mark 2 (albeit he was better at his peak by a way than Lennon)

That's the worst summary of a player I've ever seen in my life. Is Lennon skilful?

Still waiting for Walcott to peak, tbh.

Short-termism is always the downfall of this club.

Contrary to that IMO, i think on at least 4-5 occasions the lack of a short term approach has cost this club massively, 2-3 times under Moyes as short term approach in a January could have seen us in the CL or win a cup maybe, same under Martinez.

IF Walcott is the type of short term solution to anything though is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back