This is your chance boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a case of saying he definitely won't make it as a midfielder in the Prem due to his size.

Its that history shows thats its highly unlikely a midfielder of his size will make it.

But he has to have the talent, more than someone taller and stronger cause he can't rely on those aspects of the game to cover for any shortcomings in ability. If he's built like a brick ****house he might stand a chance even if he's short.

This^

He could be boss, but the total lack of players of his apparent size show he's up against it.

There's load of players similar size to him, Maloney, Osman, Sterling & Jo Allen come straight to mind without even thinking about it

Maloney is a winger, so is Sterling. Jo Allen isn't exactly helping your argument, and he's 1.68m tall. A lot of people would say Osman reinforces the fact that short skinny midfielders can't cut it in the Prem.

If he is in fact 1.72m tall then fair enough, but from what i've seen of him he still looks lightweight to be the 'defensive midfielder/midfielder' he's described as.

Last edited:
Duffy and Stones look a good groundbase to build a defence on.

I think Stones could push Coleman this year for right back. Not that I don't rate Coleman, I just think Seamus may have to fill in elsewhere and if Stones gets a run in the team. The other point is, over the past few seasons, due to injury or loss of form, Coleman hasn't really nailed it down fully, its open. I think this is definitely Duffy's make or break season. If he doesn't get in, then there have been other clubs sniffing around him and he will go. Its probably his time, you're talking about Distin's last knockings in central defence and Heitinga has proved he has lost whatever capability he ever had there.

Thing your well wrong on coleman mate, hes been outstanding this year for us at rb, carried that form from the last 4 months into the ireland games too, a clear sign of a player improving in so many areas that you can effectively stick his name in the teamsheet at rb every game long as hes fit.

I do think you have a point that stones can push though, but reckon hes got wav more chance of pushing distan than coleman, hes got size and a lot of pace for a cb, a far better partner for jags than duffy who although i liked him last year in the few games he had, Duffy IS slow and turns like the arc royal in choppy seas , plus he's coming across as a utter tool on twitter lately

I'm taking you disagree with most of everything in here Mr Goat?

Not really.

I agree with Brunnun, Junior is to lightweight and small to make it, same as Osman, but Osman gets by a little cos of his happy feet, but the number of times over the years hes been brushed off the ball makes me fume, people just glide past him, hence why he was stuck mostly on the wing.

Oviedo will get his chance, clearly Pienaar struggled for form at times and Moyes stuck with him a little too much, but hes a talented boy and his understanding with Baines was a factor, Oviedo has come from a gash League and needs time to bed into the team, hes not gonna play instead of the best LB in World Football.

Barkley still has flaws in his game, but he was used a bit more near the end and I think Moyes would have used him a lot more next Season.

Velios doesnt even play for the U21s anymore, theres something not quite right there.

Duffy has Distin and Jags ahead of him and at times hes had Heitinga, last Seasons player of the Year, who clearly hasnt lived up to that standard this Season, I think Heitinga will be moved on and possibly Duffy will get a little more game time next Season, lets see if hes got it.

Not really.

I agree with Brunnun, Junior is to lightweight and small to make it, same as Osman, but Osman gets by a little cos of his happy feet, but the number of times over the years hes been brushed off the ball makes me fume, people just glide past him, hence why he was stuck mostly on the wing.

Oviedo will get his chance, clearly Pienaar struggled for form at times and Moyes stuck with him a little too much, but hes a talented boy and his understanding with Baines was a factor, Oviedo has come from a gash League and needs time to bed into the team, hes not gonna play instead of the best LB in World Football.

Barkley still has flaws in his game, but he was used a bit more near the end and I think Moyes would have used him a lot more next Season.

Velios doesnt even play for the U21s anymore, theres something not quite right there.

Duffy has Distin and Jags ahead of him and at times hes had Heitinga, last Seasons player of the Year, who clearly hasnt lived up to that standard this Season, I think Heitinga will be moved on and possibly Duffy will get a little more game time next Season, lets see if hes got it.

This....

Tell you what, Vellios is a curious one.

I championed him a lot. But something has defo happened there.

I heard rumours about us having to pay more on appearances. That he had a fall out with Moyes. That type of thing, but not even being in the under 21's is weird.

Everytime I see him on Twitter he's on bloody holiday or back in Greece!

He's still one sexy [Poor language removed] though.

Tell you what, Vellios is a curious one.

I championed him a lot. But something has defo happened there.

I heard rumours about us having to pay more on appearances. That he had a fall out with Moyes. That type of thing, but not even being in the under 21's is weird.

Everytime I see him on Twitter he's on bloody holiday or back in Greece!

He's still one sexy [Poor language removed] though.

So did I. Genuinely thought he could be a decent striker. Looked like he had a few goals in him and he was a superb header of the ball.

Can't say I think the way he was handled will have helped him. But, if he had a crap attitude he won't have helped himself.

So did I. Genuinely thought he could be a decent striker. Looked like he had a few goals in him and he was a superb header of the ball.

Can't say I think the way he was handled will have helped him. But, if he had a crap attitude he won't have helped himself.

Something went off there between him & Moyes, after he stank the place out when he started the game against Stoke.

he could end up first choice LM by the end of the season
He will never be a starting LM here with Baines behind him as LB - their style will never "click". There is more chance of Oviedo becoming starting LB and Baines being sold, than Oviedo as LM in starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back