This is your chance boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something went off there between him & Moyes, after he stank the place out when he started the game against Stoke.

Dunno mate. Still rankles a bit that he gets stick for that. Playing a young lad up on his own and setting up to play high balls and crosses and expecting the kid to do anything with that is an absolute piss-take for me. If Moyes held a grudge based on that he's an idiot.

He will never be a starting LM here with Baines behind him as LB - their style will never "click". There is more chance of Oviedo becoming starting LB and Baines being sold, than Oviedo as LM in starting XI.

Strange claim to make seeing as he's played there for about 180 minutes total.

Strange claim to make seeing as he's played there for about 180 minutes total.
Enough for me. Also, other cases of two full backs playing on one side are not very positive, you look for a different LB and different LM in styles, preferably with different preferred foot. That;s why Pienaar works so well with Baines, and that's why I always hated Billy playing as LM, cause they were attacking the same space and lines with Baines when playing together.

For all the young lads to see others graduate up the sides and get a proper chance to shine must be a massive motivator. I hope whoever comes in gives the younger players a chance and isn't afraid to drop anybody out of form, regardless of stature.

Ironically one of the bases for Ferguson being as good as he was as a manager.

Enough for me. Also, other cases of two full backs playing on one side are not very positive, you look for a different LB and different LM in styles, preferably with different preferred foot. That;s why Pienaar works so well with Baines, and that's why I always hated Billy playing as LM, cause they were attacking the same space and lines with Baines when playing together.

In Oviedo's only full prem 90 minutes he got an assist and looked good with Baines. At LM.

I don't see how judging a player off a handful of games makes sense at all, people were saying bad things about Baines after a similar amount of time, and Fellaini. Better to actually give the player a chance to fit into the team before saying he can't.

Barkley should be starting the first game of the season

If not, I might rip my seat up and fling it at the new managers head!

(I should point out that I'm joking here in case Goodison security read this)

Woh there Michael.

If Barkley plays then i'm not sure where you are going to fit Iniesta in mate.

Dunno mate. Still rankles a bit that he gets stick for that. Playing a young lad up on his own and setting up to play high balls and crosses and expecting the kid to do anything with that is an absolute piss-take for me. If Moyes held a grudge based on that he's an idiot.

I think the grudge came in training mate, I heard Moyes thought he was a ****house in the challenge & they had a 'discussion' about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back