This nurse Letby case

one thing I do know about these things is that you cant make a judgement on snippets one hears/reads, a proper judgement can only be made if all of the evidence is heard and really, only if you have seen the people give their evidence. Words cant always portray how shifty/convincing a person is. Barristers are incredibly good at what they do. I know her barrister from his other life as a children's author, he is very good.
A very good author or a very good barrister?

one thing I do know about these things is that you cant make a judgement on snippets one hears/reads, a proper judgement can only be made if all of the evidence is heard and really, only if you have seen the people give their evidence. Words cant always portray how shifty/convincing a person is. Barristers are incredibly good at what they do. I know her barrister from his other life as a children's author, he is very good.

Also what a lot of people seem to not understand, is that most Barristers both defend and prosecute - they go where the work is.

One thing I will say about the NHS is that bullying is chronic. Historical hierarchical structures set up the perfect conditions for people to be victimised and scapegoated. Trials like this should be done behind closed doors the media attention doesn’t help at all.

I don’t work for the NHS but work closely with them and some of the practice and attitudes horrify me. The general attitudes towards patients especially in mental health facilities is shocking. Institutionalised to the point of being able to reversing the training of newly qualified nurses.

All I would say is never blindly trust medical professionals. Always do your own research and if consultants or GPS ever try to push their elitist bullsh1t on you stand up for yourself and tell them they are being a prick. Call them out every time you can.

A personal example of poor practice was when my son was desperately ill as a baby, he was being fed through an NG tube and the nurse accidentally gave him 10x his heart medication. It was an accident no malice involved but poor training and support were the reason. None of them knew what to do until my wife pointed out to them that they could simply suck the medicine back out using the tube and syringe they put it in with. The consultant was a complete nobhead. We learnt a lesson that day.

One thing I will say about the NHS is that bullying is chronic. Historical hierarchical structures set up the perfect conditions for people to be victimised and scapegoated. Trials like this should be done behind closed doors the media attention doesn’t help at all.

I don’t work for the NHS but work closely with them and some of the practice and attitudes horrify me. The general attitudes towards patients especially in mental health facilities is shocking. Institutionalised to the point of being able to reversing the training of newly qualified nurses.

All I would say is never blindly trust medical professionals. Always do your own research and if consultants or GPS ever try to push their elitist bullsh1t on you stand up for yourself and tell them they are being a prick. Call them out every time you can.

A personal example of poor practice was when my son was desperately ill as a baby, he was being fed through an NG tube and the nurse accidentally gave him 10x his heart medication. It was an accident no malice involved but poor training and support were the reason. None of them knew what to do until my wife pointed out to them that they could simply suck the medicine back out using the tube and syringe they put it in with. The consultant was a complete nobhead. We learnt a lesson that day.
I agree with a lot of what you say sir but the trial behind closed doors is a horrific thought, people being imprisoned without proper scrutiny by peers. Once you can read through the hysteria of press reports and realise that it has bias, and is largely telling a narrative that may not true to the actual events, the drama of the press reports is mitigated. Ive sat through as few criminal and civil court trials in the public gallery for work reasons and it isnt uncommon that the press reporting of the events differs/has a different slant

Jury out for five days of deliberation already with no conclusion and the judge has sent them off for the weekend.

I did say this was no slam dunk decision that the witch finder generals in the media were determined to get.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back