This nurse Letby case

Jury out for five days of deliberation already with no conclusion and the judge has sent them off for the weekend.

I did say this was no slam dunk decision that the witch finder generals in the media were determined to get.

TBF they've got a lot of charges to consider.
Just glad I'm not on the jury. Must be horrific having to wade through all those alleged baby murders

TBF they've got a lot of charges to consider.
Just glad I'm not on the jury. Must be horrific having to wade through all those alleged baby murders
I know. Must be a terrible responsibility.

She may well be guilty but as I already said I'd be VERY wary of taking at face value what a hospital trust and senior doctors accuse a nurse of. That, and the fact a lot of the evidence against her looks ropey.

One thing I will say about the NHS is that bullying is chronic. Historical hierarchical structures set up the perfect conditions for people to be victimised and scapegoated. Trials like this should be done behind closed doors the media attention doesn’t help at all.

I don’t work for the NHS but work closely with them and some of the practice and attitudes horrify me. The general attitudes towards patients especially in mental health facilities is shocking. Institutionalised to the point of being able to reversing the training of newly qualified nurses.

All I would say is never blindly trust medical professionals.
Always do your own research and if consultants or GPS ever try to push their elitist bullsh1t on you stand up for yourself and tell them they are being a prick. Call them out every time you can.

A personal example of poor practice was when my son was desperately ill as a baby, he was being fed through an NG tube and the nurse accidentally gave
Only just seen this post. I worked in the NHS in Mental Health for 28 years (up to 2011) and the bolded parts I would 100% agree with.
The NHS is a fantastic organisation, particularly on the 'ground floor level' but of course you get individual nobheads in ALL walks of life.
In particular, the higher levels of NHS management/administration are full of corruption and incompetence.

:rant:

We the jury find the defendant not guilty because a Dave K of the Grand Old Team Forum called her and I quote "A guilty as sin nappy sniffer who shaves her box with a butter knife"
Wasn't really that I was thinking about, it was that the site owners could potentially get in bother but whatever.

If I'm being daft then carry on, no odds to me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back