This nurse Letby case

Because you're a normal human being, and such deplorable actions are way beyond your comprehension and that of most of the population.

Murdering seven children, who are in your care and who you've sworn an oath to protect, is not the actions of the absolute majority of people.

Therefore, most people will find it hard to understand, and rightly so. @davek there were deliberations on the attempted murder of other children.

She will definitely appeal, there is no reason for her not to, but being cleared of any of these convictions is unlikely, let alone all of them. She'll die in prison.
I think that's a hanging judge mentality.

If you'd read the massive discrepenacies in the prosecution case you;d understand why the jury took two months to get a verdict - and not a unanimous one by any means.

Expect an appeal and a new trial next year.

That forced apology from seven doctors/consultants to her is odd, that all the hospital execs that backed Letby in that issue were then moved on from that hospital very quickly is also odd looking. The longest murder trial in British legal history. Those poor babies, those poor devastated families, and the staff on the periphery that've been dragged through this process to get to this point. No idea what safeguarding improvements could be factored in. This'll rumble on for years. Very sad.
Indeed.

I think that's a hanging judge mentality.

If you'd read the massive discrepenacies in the prosecution case you;d understand why the jury took two months to get a verdict - and not a unanimous one by any means.

Expect an appeal and a new trial next year.
They have yet to say if the verdicts were unanimous or not. The judge allowed them to return a majority verdict if they needed to. The prosecution might seek a re-trial on the six cases that were undecided. I think the jury have done avery thorough job. You can't assess nine months of evidence in a few hours.

Has anyone been following this?

The media have set her up as an evil witch for the past year. I wasn't that interested in it but the last few days summing up of their case by the defence has you thinking there's something more to this than her actions.

🤔

….the most prolific child killer in British history & the belief is that more will be discovered. Police now reviewing 4,000 children in her care.

Worst than evil.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back