Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope when he redeems himself, you'll be back on here to give him the credit he deserves.

What 'others' have been diabolical out of curiosity

American in defending Howard shocker. He's terrible and has been all season, have you not been watching? How many long range shots does he let float in? How often do we concede terrible goals because he won't come off his line? How many times has his terrible decision making come back to bite us? I'd pay his for his ticket back the US myself if an MLS side comes in for him. When he redeems himself? Jog on, his best days are long gone and things will only continue to go downwards from here, the odd good save aside.

Who else has been diabolical? A lot of people. Alcaraz, Distin have been just as pathetic as Howard whenever they've played. If both are given new contracts I will refuse to renew my season ticket in absolute disgust.

Jagielka has been very hot and cold all season. Is in form now but a few months go over the Christmas period he was terrible, as both a player and a captain.

Barry seems to aged 20 years from last season. Legs are going and is now just a hindrance in most games because he gives away too many free-kicks and his distribution is chronically slow.

Coleman and Baines have both dipped below the standards expected of them this season. They haven't been terrible but they've had too many many bad games between where a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing Coleman sold for a good offer and Baines phased out for Garbutt.

You can have your Secretary of Defense back, no one over this side of the pond can stand the sight of him anymore.

Jagielka has been very hot and cold all season. Is in form now but a few months go over the Christmas period he was terrible, as both a player and a captain.

To be fair to Jags, he's been consistently good with Stones beside him. Centre half is a very partnership orientated position, and I think he was paired with some duds in that regard.

Last edited:
American in defending Howard shocker. He's terrible and has been all season, have you not been watching? How many long range shots does he let float in? How often do we concede terrible goals because he won't come off his line? How many times has his terrible decision making come back to bite us? I'd pay his for his ticket back the US myself if an MLS side comes in for him. When he redeems himself? Jog on, his best days are long gone and things will only continue to go downwards from here, the odd good save aside.

Who else has been diabolical? A lot of people. Alcaraz, Distin have been just as pathetic as Howard whenever they've played. If both are given new contracts I will refuse to renew my season ticket in absolute disgust.

Barry seems to aged 20 years from last season. Legs are going and is now just a hindrance in most games because he gives away too many free-kicks and his distribution is chronically slow.

Coleman and Baines have both dipped below the standards expected of them this season. They haven't been terrible but they've had too many many bad games between where a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing Coleman sold for a good offer and Baines phased out for Garbutt.

You can have your Secretary of Defense back, no one over this side of the pond can stand the sight of him anymore.
But other than that it's been a good season...

just for discussion sake.... do Howard's supporters on here believe he has cost us any points this season ? if so then how many/few ? (ballpark figure)
giphy.gif

To be fair to Jags, he's been consistently good with Stones beside him. Centre half is a very partnership orientated position, and I think he was paired with some duds in that regard.

they both looked a bit dodge for the first few games when howard came back in after robles tbh.

Been one of the best keepers in the division for most of his time here, but his best days are clearly behind him. He needs to move to the MLS and donate his beard to ISIS. I'd give Robles the chance to establish himself as No 1 before we wade into the market.

just for discussion sake.... do Howard's supporters on here believe he has cost us any points this season ? if so then how many/few ? (ballpark figure)
Plenty of points, haven't counted them specifically but it's a considerable figure. I think myself and the other Howard defenders have admitted as much from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back