Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new keeper for us lads.

whm75Vh.gif

That save where he's moving from behind the bed is superb. Almost Southall like in reflexes

American in defending Howard shocker. He's terrible and has been all season, have you not been watching? How many long range shots does he let float in? How often do we concede terrible goals because he won't come off his line? How many times has his terrible decision making come back to bite us? I'd pay his for his ticket back the US myself if an MLS side comes in for him. When he redeems himself? Jog on, his best days are long gone and things will only continue to go downwards from here, the odd good save aside.

Who else has been diabolical? A lot of people. Alcaraz, Distin have been just as pathetic as Howard whenever they've played. If both are given new contracts I will refuse to renew my season ticket in absolute disgust.

Jagielka has been very hot and cold all season. Is in form now but a few months go over the Christmas period he was terrible, as both a player and a captain.

Barry seems to aged 20 years from last season. Legs are going and is now just a hindrance in most games because he gives away too many free-kicks and his distribution is chronically slow.

Coleman and Baines have both dipped below the standards expected of them this season. They haven't been terrible but they've had too many many bad games between where a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing Coleman sold for a good offer and Baines phased out for Garbutt.

You can have your Secretary of Defense back, no one over this side of the pond can stand the sight of him anymore.

First off, I don't think @blue4eva77 is American.
Then, I don't think anyone would disagree that Howard has been crap this season.
Then, A whole post listing all our crap players and you fail to mention how crap Barkley has been this season. Every bit as disappointing as Howard but took about 1/50th of the flack.

Then, I don't think anyone would disagree that Howard has been crap this season.
Then, A whole post listing all our crap players and you fail to mention how crap Barkley has been this season. Every bit as disappointing as Howard but took about 1/50th of the flack.
Yep i just live here.

I didn't see the above post you quoted and i agree with your post here. However you're likely to a have random number thrown at you. The number will represent how many points this season Howard has cost us. What is continuely swept under the carpet is the fact that we have only scored 2 more goals this season than QPR.

Massively disagree there.

Massively disagree there.
Maybe not quite as bad but not far off. He looks like a run of the mill PL footballer. Hasn't lived up to any of his potential this season and at times looked un interested, I can take any player loosing form but it drives me mad when they wander around uninterested. I think that half peoples problem with Howard was that he strolled straight back in to the first XI at the expense of Robles. I was annoyed by this, but with Martinez, not Howard.

Don't get me wrong, I think his best days are behind him and he should probably be moved on but the vitriol on here has gotten a bit crazy. You have people questioning him for not coming off his line and in the next breath criticizing his positioning for the save against Southampton. He has become the whipping boy for a crap season but some people have turned it in to blind negativity.

Maybe not quite as bad but not far off. He looks like a run of the mill PL footballer. Hasn't lived up to any of his potential this season and at times looked un interested, I can take any player loosing form but it drives me mad when they wander around uninterested. I think that half peoples problem with Howard was that he strolled straight back in to the first XI at the expense of Robles. I was annoyed by this, but with Martinez, not Howard.

Don't get me wrong, I think his best days are behind him and he should probably be moved on but the vitriol on here has gotten a bit crazy. You have people questioning him for not coming off his line and in the next breath criticizing his positioning for the save against Southampton. He has become the whipping boy for a crap season but some people have turned it in to blind negativity.

Some people are just having some fun with it mate, and a lot of you guys fall for it every time.

Tim has been ok last couple of games. That's just the way it is.

We need a new keeper.

As for Ross, he's a young lad in his second ever full season in the top flight. Not exactly a fair comparison is it?

He hasn't been a whipping boy for this season though.

He's been criticised more than others because he's been our worst player by a mile, made a load of mistakes and singlehandedly cost us plenty of points. All while we have an actual goalkeeper on the bench. Plus coming out in the press and saying stupid things like 'to hell with criticism' doesn't help at all.

Some people are just having some fun with it mate, and a lot of you guys fall for it every time.

Tim has been ok last couple of games. That's just the way it is.

We need a new keeper.

As for Ross, he's a young lad in his second ever full season in the top flight. Not exactly a fair comparison is it?

I'm Irish, I'm not a huge Howard fan, but take a look at the bile posted on his twitter a/c after any of his post's.
I know @Eric Djemba-Djemba posted that crap on Monday but I happened to read it today, the anniversary of both Hillsboro and Boston tragedys. I fail to see the fun in it.

I'm Irish, I'm not a huge Howard fan, but take a look at the bile posted on his twitter a/c after any of his post's.
I know @Eric Djemba-Djemba posted that crap on Monday but I happened to read it today, the anniversary of both Hillsboro and Boston tragedys. I fail to see the fun in it.
Bore off.

Don't relate a joke that was I admit was poor into Hillsborough. It had nothing to do with it.

Don't start that rubbish.

In any event, it's Twitter, you're not expecting a meeting of the minds on there.

Howard has been bloody awful and rightfully lambasted. When Barkley is bad, he gets it too, in his own thread, not this one.

Howard like Distin has always been prone to make mistakes. Unfortunately this season both of them have made more than there fair share it looks like we are moving Distin on and I think we should do the same with Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back