Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
QsIsjo8.jpg

You could floorboard Tim Howard s goal up, and the ball would still cross over the line! Just face it he is well past his best , and his form is the form of a Keeper who needs to be dropped!
I completely agree with you, have thought he should be dropped for some time now. Merely stating some facts and acknowledging that his poor form, while mostly falling on his shoulders (or his arse as he likes to do), is also a result of poor defense.

I completely agree with you, have thought he should be dropped for some time now. Merely stating some facts and acknowledging that his poor form, while mostly falling on his shoulders (or his arse as he likes to do), is also a result of poor defense.
Taking all that into consideration, his inability to command his area or collect any high ball around the six yard box would have Franco Baresi and his famous Milan back line worrying about the clown behind them.

Basically this thread:

Joey66/Eric Djemba Djemba: Tim Howard is the worst player in history and every goal we've conceded is his fault.

Dougie/me/a couple others: He's playing poorly and should be dropped, but that doesn't mean that Robles is the answer to all our problems. Robles relied on some outstanding defending for his clean-sheets and showed himself to be liable to commit other errors. Meanwhile defensive errors have been present for a lot of the goals that Howard has conceded recently. So while Howard probably should be dropped, it's not as if Robles is the answer to all of our problems, and there's really nothing to indicate he would have done much better during Howard's recent run. Maybe we should actually discuss the context of both Howard's goals and Robles' clean sheets instead of making sweeping and hyperbolic judgments.

Joey66/Eric Djemba Djemba: Tim Howard is the worst player in history and every goal we've conceded is his fault. Everyone who disagrees with us deserves personal abuse.

------
Absolutely loving the "discussion" here.

Basically this thread:

Joey66/Eric Djemba Djemba: Tim Howard is the worst player in history and every goal we've conceded is his fault.

Dougie/me/a couple others: He's playing poorly and should be dropped, but that doesn't mean that Robles is the answer to all our problems. Robles relied on some outstanding defending for his clean-sheets and showed himself to be liable to commit other errors. Meanwhile defensive errors have been present for a lot of the goals that Howard has conceded recently. So while Howard probably should be dropped, it's not as if Robles is the answer to all of our problems, and there's really nothing to indicate he would have done much better during Howard's recent run. Maybe we should actually discuss the context of both Howard's goals and Robles' clean sheets instead of making sweeping and hyperbolic judgments.

Joey66/Eric Djemba Djemba: Tim Howard is the worst player in history and every goal we've conceded is his fault. Everyone who disagrees with us deserves personal abuse.

------
Absolutely loving the "discussion" here.

Fuming I'm not in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back