Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Tim. Quality save first half and actually came put and punched a couple. Still crap like but 45 games on the spin like today and I will forgive your poor form for 75% of the season.

Could say that about any keeper in the land Really,even the very best have a bad day,and i know Howard has had a few bad days,before someone comes back to me lol
Yeah, the whole team have had a poor season but it's always more obvious when a goalkeeper makes a mistake. He has to do better than he has done this season though. He made me fume quite a few times this season, but I'm never too hard on him as I always factor in his Tourettes:)

A couple of good saves but was also guilty of line hugging when he should of dealt with a couple of through balls.

Robles actually commanded the box during those games and came for crosses. Howard does neither the vast majority of the time.

Robles keeps getting praised for a clean sheet he kept against a WBA team that sat so far back Foster kept goal in Stanley Park FFs.

If it's good enough for one it's surely good enough for the other?

Robles keeps getting praised for a clean sheet he kept against a WBA team that sat so far back Foster kept goal in Stanley Park FFs.

If it's good enough for one it's surely good enough for the other?
TH had a good game Doug - two save us to make one outstanding, and he came off his line ThreeTimes to control his box- one swallow does not make a summer though - let's see how he does at Swansea - we won ugly today a lean sheet is what you need fair dos to him today!

he still absolutely crap, and the sooner we bin him off the better.

Not going to be fooled by a save that looked better than what it was, and something he could have stopped way earlier.

I am being extra critical here but that first save (brilliant to get to it and claw it out) should not have happened in the first place. His insecurity of all things crossed had him coming away from his line to anticipate a ball that was never going to be his thus leaving the near post totally exposed. If he had knew he had no chance of getting it then he simply would have protected his goal and therefore collected a simple effort.

The second save he did great to get his hand to it as he committed himself to the shot and the ball moved so much that it was a good save in the end but saying that...if it had gone in he would have got crucified.

2nd half felt he stayed glued to his line when he could have come out for one or two.

Maybe I am being over critical but he certainly plays with uncertainty and I don't think it helps the players in front of him.

Some people are never happy with Howard it seems, regardless of how he's played.

I can't figure out if it's a racial issue, anti American, their genuinely clueless about football or just filled with the hate gene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back