Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although we know that one is in poor form and the other is just crap, so you'd hope the one in poor form will turn it around and become decent again. The crap ones just crap.
WhAt a P.R.I.C.K
So Robles has what 12 games at Efc
And Howard has had 9 years plus what 2 at Man Utd = 500 games???
And he's still costing us big time
What makes me laugh

Is Howard's supporters are talking like this is just a bad season

The guy has been making basic errors all through his EFC career

He's not going to change he's not out of form
His just garbage

A mate of mine is a man Utd season ticket holder

And when we bought him
He told me he's slow accross his line, gets beat from long range
Doesn't command his box

In ten years nothing has changed

Geesh - never been impressed by american "football" (or more accurately: US hand egg) -but that little vid is pretty impressive. Why don't our rugger players do things like that? Must be easier, too, without all that padding etc.

Hmmm I've defended the abuse Howard has received but he really should of been benched for tonight. He's still better than Robles (overall)which I know some with there hatred for Howard won't like to hear. But he needs to get his act together.

Maybe Roberto feels that he has to stick with him as he believes he's the stronger keeper and an in form Howard gives us the best chance in Europe (long term)

I know Robles did well for a few games but we all know the brain farts he's capable of too!!

The Answer: We need a new No.1 come summer.
I have no hatred for Howard, I would buy him a farewell drink tomorrow

Its clear from what RM has said in his press conferences that hes not going to yield on Howard. I think hes being a bit naïve digging his heels in and baulking at what he deems crowd pressure over selecting Howard. Its Howard's own performances that are putting the pressure on. Lets face it, its not as if its a new issue....Howard is consistent - in his erratic form. Its usually fair to protect a player who has lapses occasionally. But not if they have them regularly. League wise we need wins given our position and I don't get the logic of giving a player games to get over mistakes when points are at a premium and goalkeeping howlers put pressure on the whole team. How many times now that even the media neutrals are saying "Cant help but feel Tim Howard should have done better there...." and that's not just shot-saving wise. His lack of presence in the box is a major problem leading to the 'Mr Grimsdale' like shambles we often see in the area....and it leads to the players looking at each other "after you Claude" when it goes arse over. Wont even bother over the staying on his line lark. So having built Robles up from what we thought he was... to the goalie we think he has become, it remains to be seen whether all that good work has been allowed to stagnate...it seems chance bothers us to find out at the moment.

I think Robles will play tonight... it makes no sense for him not to.
It would lave Howard rested for the game on Sunday, it would keep Robles ready to play first team games
and Howard need not be considered as being dropped...if that is important.

I think Robles will play tonight... it makes no sense for him not to.
It would lave Howard rested for the game on Sunday, it would keep Robles ready to play first team games
and Howard need not be considered as being dropped...if that is important.

Howard is playing and will play every game until his contract is up or Martinez leaves. Martinez is trolling the fans now, he's fed up of the booing and questioning of his tactics. He's never been at a club where every move he makes is scrutinised before, at Wigan and Swansea if they lost he just got a patronising pat on the head and a "oh well, little old Wigan, they tried". That won't wash here, he won't be getting chucked in the air by the players and hero worshipped by the fans if he keeps us up by the skin of our teeth on the last day, like he was at Wigan. And he hates that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back