Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Howard might be out of form this season and passed his best but some of the comments on here are disgusting. He's been a loyal servant to the club for many year's and deserves a bit of respect.

Maybe it is time for a change between the nets but let's not slaughter the man. We're better than this, he's still a blue, so let's support him through this.

One thing is for sure Martinez needs to take some of the blame for this Howard situation.....I mean how can a servant of the club for almost 10 years be leaving with such animosity between himself and the fans.

Time has caught up with him and Martinez has constantly put him in the firing line.

If Howard is off. Then he, in the main, has been a very decent signing and a good keeper for us.

Tim Howard might be out of form this season and passed his best but some of the comments on here are disgusting. He's been a loyal servant to the club for many year's and deserves a bit of respect.

Maybe it is time for a change between the nets but let's not slaughter the man. We're better than this, he's still a blue, so let's support him through this.
By support do we club around to buy him a one way ticket to the USA?
He in my eyes is why we are mid table instead of just outside the top four!
When we lose our star players it's down to RM persisting in selectin Timmy for what ever reason!

....absolutely, how forgetful some folk are. Also, apparently there is turmoil in his private life which might well have impacted his form. I'm old and have seen some very average keepers playing for Everton but I certainly wouldn't include Howard in that group.

....absolutely, how forgetful some folk are. Also, apparently there is turmoil in his private life which might well have impacted his form. I'm old and have seen some very average keepers playing for Everton but I certainly wouldn't include Howard in that group.
OK if that's the case why does he keep getting selected - over 12 months ago we played Leicester city bottom of the league, he had a howler of a game not dropped that situation has grown and grown - Robles may not be the answer , but when called upon lately looks a far better keeper than Tim?

Sadly I certainly would class him in that group.

When he joined he was exactly what we needed. An ok keeper to go with an ok team. Remember, the likes of Yobo etc were in that team.

Football has moved on, we have better players, other teams have better players. Howard was ok when he was needed to be ok. But I've never, not once, had total faith in him.

By support do we club around to buy him a one way ticket to the USA?
He in my eyes is why we are mid table instead of just outside the top four!
When we lose one star players this summer reflect on the season as a disaster down to two men RM persisting by selecting Tim!

...it's funny because I watched the Pool in the pub yesterday and one of my mates can't stand Mignolet. According to him, every goal they conceded was his fault. You can convince yourself that an individual is the cause of all your woes.

I wouldn't defend Howard's performances this season but there are many contributing factors to us being mid-table.

"Loyal Servant" is a funny shout (for most players, granted). A 'servant' being paid millions of pounds for playing footy for a living and 'loyal' because he's not good enough to play for anyone better than us.

Was a very good signing at the time but we've progressed and he's declined rapidly the last 18 months or so. Plus his attitude stinks and we've got a potentially very good replacement waiting on the bench.

Thanks but goodbye Tim

...it's funny because I watched the Pool in the pub yesterday and one of my mates can't stand Mignolet. According to him, every goal they conceded was his fault. You can convince yourself that an individual is the cause of all your woes.

I wouldn't defend Howard's performances this season but there are many contributing factors to us being mid-table.
The prime one is Howard though mate. He's been a complete liability at times and shouldn't still be our No.1

We could see his demise last season and most of us were calling for him to be replaced last summer. Martinez continued with him, it was a massive error, as his continued slide has gathered pace and his errors have cost us points this season, and I agree with Joey, with a top drawer keeper in the sticks we could well be looking at top 4 or thereabouts at present.

There's no room for sentiment in the game and Howard getting the shirt back every time he's fit, is a prime example of why there shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back