Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make him special don't be thinking because you've qualified for europe once all your players are superstars lad. Those things are tenapenny we've had loads like that but they're only worth 10 mil if they're worth 10 mil its a very easy thing to understand if someone had signed Tom Davies or Jonjoe Kenny from us for 10 mil who both had a lot more of both things you mentioned they would never have got it back because they weren't worth it to begin with! Its no different to any other signing thats the point - if you overpay you overpay it doesn't just reverse itself if you're under 23!

Not saying it does make him special, erm, lad. Wjat it does it give him more gravitas in the transfer market when you're setting a fee. A 20 year-old with prem league, European football experience, Championship experience or a 20 year-old with experience of playing league one for a season or two. Which one attracts higher bids? Obviously the market has dipped somewhat and a player's worth is what someone wants - and someone is willing to pay - but 10m is still dirt cheap for a player with the experience of Iroegbunam and however he does next season it won't dip below that however hard you may try.

Thanks for the information.
When you refer to the ‘rapid rise under Emery,’ I presume the implication is that he probably lacks the quality to perform at the top end of the table ?
More of a potential mid table clogger ?
Should suit us then .
Yes and no he has technical ability and is quite dynamic and athletic but struggled receiving the ball under pressure in tight areas when building out of the back I’m sure everyone is aware of our risky play and the way we attempt to draw the press it’s a lot to ask of a 20 years old. For example Jacob Ramsey grew with us from our second season back if Iroegbunam was a bit older I think he could have grown with us especially under Dean Smith , Steven Gerrard not so much.

Yes and no he has technical ability and is quite dynamic and athletic but struggled receiving the ball under pressure in tight areas when building out of the back I’m sure everyone is aware of our risky play and the way we attempt to draw the press it’s a lot to ask of a 20 years old. For example Jacob Ramsey grew with us from our second season back if Iroegbunam was a bit older I think he could have grown with us especially under Dean Smith , Steven Gerrard not so much.
Thanks.
I appreciate the insight.
Sounds like he has promise.
Unfortunately Goodison in latter years does not afford young players any time to develop.
If he does have talent , he will have to show it early or have nerves of steel to survive the opprobrium he will endure from the stands .

Spending the branthwaite / onana money already...

Isnt it a bit early for this kind of thing, its not the last day of the transfer window yet... is it...!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back