Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if he was loaned back to us because we never picked when he was our player so I can't imagine we would pick him now that he's not.

Fair enough. I was just presuming on the basis that he was highly rated on your side but I may have presumed wrongly. Be interesting to see what sort of fee we both agree on for him.

Yeah I don’t really see how Dobbin fits in for you, a loan to the championship is probably best. Unless he is needed to fill homegrown quotas? I don’t know where you sit with that.

Even if offered the chance to get him back on loan truth be told I doubt we would. He’s got some good qualities but it would be a waste of a precious loan slot.
He could still be counted towards the U21s and not the main 25-man list for 24/25

i.e. the snippet below is for 23/24 so add a year to 2002
1718964796528.webp

Yeah I don’t really see how Dobbin fits in for you, a loan to the championship is probably best. Unless he is needed to fill homegrown quotas? I don’t know where you sit with that.

Even if offered the chance to get him back on loan truth be told I doubt we would. He’s got some good qualities but it would be a waste of a precious loan slot.

We do need a couple of homegrowns to come in but will be on players who will be more involved and fill holes in the squad. Thus being linked to likes of Gallagher and Barkley.

We are however in the Chelsea model now of signing youngsters with the primary intention of building up their asset value to sell on. So if reports are to go on, then likely Dobbin being signed for this reason.

Think we're getting the better deal here.
I think we’re both getting a good deal it solved both our issues with PSR before the end of the month , you get a player who can make an immediate impact and grow in value, it’s possible Dobbin goes on loan to one of our V Sports clubs or we find him a loan in the championship develop him and sell him on in a few years. Iroegbunam was going to be sold regardless it’s a good move for him and I hope he does well for you.

6ft, bit of a unit,. seems to tackle and hold the ball - no idea if he can get around the pitch like a Gana - but that would be ideal.

Hopefully we can get some attacking talent too.

I can see your point, but I think this is a good move for both parties. Dobbin gets on a CL side under a fantastic manager. Tim seems like he fits a profile of physicality and playstyle that we could use. Obviously watch this space if anything even works out of this, but I think it's not quite as sinister as it sounds. Plus these players have to agree to the move anyway.
We could of course always sign Dobbin back next month, that would be an even bigger two fingers to the PL

Will crack me up if each of these transfers (this one and Dobbin) transpire to have a buy back clause that can be activated after 12m for the same fees - indicating they are a clear PSR work around in lieu of an old fashioned loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back