Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaaha god that's awful isn't it, just messing around with young guys life to avoid a points deduction, well done PL
I can see your point, but I think this is a good move for both parties. Dobbin gets on a CL side under a fantastic manager. Tim seems like he fits a profile of physicality and playstyle that we could use. Obviously watch this space if anything even works out of this, but I think it's not quite as sinister as it sounds. Plus these players have to agree to the move anyway.

Friedkin doesn’t get involved in the footballing matters apparently, because he doesn’t have any experience (what a relief).

He will let Thelwell, Purdy work towards their own targets, the only interference I could see happening would be the Friedkin group hiring new or additional staff to support.

I have no idea how teams swapping players for a fee helps with 'PSR' but at the same time, I don't want a bore to tell me so I'm pretty stuck here
I'm not 100% certain either but we are going through something similar with Chelsea. I think the idea is that you set a fee and amortise it over a long contract so you're only paying a fraction of the total cost over that lenghty period. We've signed Matsen for 37.5m but that will be over 6 yearly instalments, whereas a straight swap involves no money (ish) and no profit to be able to put on the balance sheet - so get the profit in and then spread the cost of the player coming in to make it negligible.

I have no idea how teams swapping players for a fee helps with 'PSR' but at the same time, I don't want a bore to tell me so I'm pretty stuck here
The deal for the outgoing player goes down as a £10M profit for PSR purposes, but the payment for the incoming player can be laid off over 3/4 years.

The stuff clubs have to do to jump through the hoops of this PSR racket that the PL and 'top 6' have going is one of the biggest injustices in professional sport globally....and 14 other teams by and large accept it.

My hope is the ESL come on deck again and we can smash the PL once and for all and build a better authority for the non-scab 14 + 6 from the Championship.

Villa fan here.

Factoring in the Dobbin move, this is certainly for PSR reasons from our side. I don't see him being in our squad next season and therefore inevitably loaned out to a newly promoted club, promotion chasing Championship club, or wouldn't be at all surprised if he is even loaned straight back to you guys.

Not saying that as a slant on Dobbin's potential/ability as I have not seen anywhere near enough of him. Just that with Diaby, Bailey, Rodgers, Buendia back from injury and Illing-Junior incoming as part of the Douglas Luiz-to-Juve deal, the minutes just won't be there for him.

As for Tim, he would likely have got a move this summer (on loan at least) even without any PSR issues. You might come across some underwhelming opinions of him from the Villa crowd on X but they are a bit harsh from what I have seen. He came into a CL chasing team on the back of missing first half of season via injury. Only had limited minutes usually to see out leads in games and achieved that objective in most of those apps. Even if he never amounts to much more, he should at the very least prove a solid signing for you.

Villa fan here.

Factoring in the Dobbin move, this is certainly for PSR reasons from our side. I don't see him being in our squad next season and therefore inevitably loaned out to a newly promoted club, promotion chasing Championship club, or wouldn't be at all surprised if he is even loaned straight back to you guys.

Not saying that as a slant on Dobbin's potential/ability as I have not seen anywhere near enough of him. Just that with Diaby, Bailey, Rodgers, Buendia back from injury and Illing-Junior incoming as part of the Douglas Luiz-to-Juve deal, the minutes just won't be there for him.

As for Tim, he would likely have got a move this summer (on loan at least) even without any PSR issues. You might come across some underwhelming opinions of him from the Villa crowd on X but they are a bit harsh from what I have seen. He came into a CL chasing team on the back of missing first half of season via injury. Only had limited minutes usually to see out leads in games and achieved that objective in most of those apps. Even if he never amounts to much more, he should at the very least prove a solid signing for you.
I would be very surprised if he was loaned back to us because we never picked when he was our player so I can't imagine we would pick him now that he's not.

Villa fan here.

Yeah I don’t really see how Dobbin fits in for you, a loan to the championship is probably best. Unless he is needed to fill homegrown quotas? I don’t know where you sit with that.

Even if offered the chance to get him back on loan truth be told I doubt we would. He’s got some good qualities but it would be a waste of a precious loan slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back