Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always nice when the unexpected surprise you isn’t it. My only big concern with him is how to spell his surname. Tempted to work out how my phone actually works so predictive text sorts it out for me 🤯😆

Does he have a nickname we can all use? I dread to think what offerings of his surname will be served up in the heat of excitement during a match thread!
Ronseal....fills the cracks

Always nice when the unexpected surprise you isn’t it. My only big concern with him is how to spell his surname. Tempted to work out how my phone actually works so predictive text sorts it out for me 🤯😆

Does he have a nickname we can all use? I dread to think what offerings of his surname will be served up in the heat of excitement during a match thread!
He’ll forever been known as Tim.

Maybe in time he’ll grow to be as great as Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python’s Holy Grail.

I had written him off as a business move and nothing else, glad to see i was wrong. All i saw the Villa fans say about him was negative, league one level, you know, the same kind of stuff we say about our young players.

Posted on here a whilst back that my brother had told me that it wasn't and the club really figured he'd be featuring in the first team and was a proper target.

Didn't realise that he'd be this good this soon though.

Posted on here a whilst back that my brother had told me that it wasn't and the club really figured he'd be featuring in the first team and was a proper target.

I don't really understand this rationale, as he had already played in the championship and played well. We had clearly been following him for some time, and his fits a lot of what we were looking for.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people who comment on football, and I include sections of paid journalists in here who just don't know what they are talking about, and miss the wood for the trees. They have decided that this had to be a workaround, so he had to be rubbish. For people who have a degree of critical thinking it was obvious what nonsense this was.

But ridiculous the certainty some had that he was nothing more than an accounting ploy for us. He hadn’t even kicked a ball for us. Just stupid.

Pointed it out at the time that he had a number of technical attributes i like and you really want to see in a midfielder.

Very impressed by him yesterday, but he has a job of work to do now, he has a season ahead of him, his first in the PL if he can hit the pitch of performances he hit yesterday most games, he's had a very good season. You'd expect him to ebb and flow a bit. So be keeping the expectation realistic enough, despite being very impressed.

But ridiculous the certainty some had that he was nothing more than an accounting ploy for us. He hadn’t even kicked a ball for us. Just stupid.

That's because it was the nexus narrative mate to further another wave of having a go at us about the league rules etc.

Will be funny if he tears the league up this season seeing how stupid all those journos will look (and the league who did a statement warning about these deals - obviously aimed mainly at us)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back