Confirmed Signing Tim Iroegbunam

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't really understand this rationale, as he had already played in the championship and played well. We had clearly been following him for some time, and his fits a lot of what we were looking for.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people who comment on football, and I include sections of paid journalists in here who just don't know what they are talking about, and miss the wood for the trees. They have decided that this had to be a workaround, so he had to be rubbish. For people who have a degree of critical thinking it was obvious what nonsense this was.

But ridiculous the certainty some had that he was nothing more than an accounting ploy for us. He hadn’t even kicked a ball for us. Just stupid.

I think its quite obvious that we used the deal as an 'accounting' bonus.

This may have been done because Villa wanted Dobbin or Onana. Nontheless we definitely used is as an accounting lever.

Having said that, it seems and did seem clear that we wanted the player. Its Thelwells MO where a player has a poor season and we go in for him based uppn what he did prior.

Not to mention, at least Iroegbunam has more England caps and higher level on pitch experience than Dobbin.

I think its quite obvious that we used the deal as an 'accounting' bonus.

This may have been done because Villa wanted Dobbin or Onana. Nontheless we definitely used is as an accounting lever.

Having said that, it seems and did seem clear that we wanted the player. Its Thelwells MO where a player has a poor season and we go in for him based uppn what he did prior.

Not to mention, at least Iroegbunam has more England caps and higher level on pitch experience than Dobbin.

Of course there was accounting benefit to this for our PS&R situation but there’s a whole thread of some fans saying he won’t be playing, he’s not an impactful signing, he won’t be seeing the first team. Why go all out on this negativity before he’s kicked a ball. Was it such a wild reach that Thelwell might have brokered a deal that helped the books and delivered a good young player to our club that maybe saw more opportunity for game time here than he did at Villa with more players ahead of him?

I'm impressed by his start with us but I don't agree that he's instantly the same level as Onana.

I remember Onana playing out of his skin to impress us in the early days.

Far too early to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.