2024/25 Tim Iroegbunam

Was really impressed with this lad, thought he was absolutely excellent first half. I kept a close eye on him all game and he literally didn’t put a foot wrong until a misplaced pass in the 62nd minute.

Could see he was struggling after that as the game went on, as he was obviously struggling for match fitness, but he was so head and shoulders our MOTM it was ridiculous, and the only positive I can really take from the game.

Was really impressed with this lad, thought he was absolutely excellent first half. I kept a close eye on him all game and he literally didn’t put a foot wrong until a misplaced pass in the 62nd minute.

Could see he was struggling after that as the game went on, as he was obviously struggling for match fitness, but he was so head and shoulders our MOTM it was ridiculous, and the only positive I can really take from the game.

Agree with this.

Needed to come off earlier.

Agree with this.

Needed to come off earlier.

This is what I said to my Dad. They should be saying to the lads, go on there, run your heart out, and if you slow down, we'll give you a breather. He'll know that he dropped off, and it's no surprise with the ground he covered. I just hope he doesn't hold off for the first 15 of the next game trying to get himself through the 90.

Bit harsh. He had 40 games at QPR in 22-23.

Last season not much but he was trying to get in ahead of all of Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans so vast difference in quality to what is here.

When one of the young lads plays 40 games for a championship club then they'll be seriously ready to play prem football.

Think Tom Cannon will be starting for Leicester tomorrow night so that's a good example given he did well at Preston but had to be sold for FFP.
It wasn't meant as a slight against the lad, just that the league specifically called us and Villa out for "inflating" values on them. It's just insane how big a difference there is.

Way to early to say that, Onana got player of the match yesterday in a team that is very well coached. Won't be long before Tim sees the ball flying over his head and unable to play to his strengths.
To be clear, my post wasn’t meant as a dig at Onana. I was a much bigger fan of his than most on here. I understand his game

I did get a little carried away, but the early signs are all there that Tim can be a stud

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back