2024/25 Tim Iroegbunam

Glad he’s working out for you guys having watched him play at every level for Villa it’s nice to see him at a club where he’s seemingly appreciated by the fans and gaining meaningful minutes. At £10m he’s a bargain it goes to show how crazy PSR is any time after the PSR deadline you would have been looking at a £20m player but on the other hand I know it’s still early days Amadou Onana looks a steal at £50m.

It wasn't meant as a slight against the lad, just that the league specifically called us and Villa out for "inflating" values on them. It's just insane how big a difference there is.

Oh right, my point was to whoever said why is Tim looking better already than some of the young lads on the fringes currently. He had a loan to a championship side and played regularly, the young lads here don't get that or if they do they get sold due to the perilous financial state.

One exception was of course Branthy but he had two loans and the PSV stint unsurprisingly kicked his career on.

Glad he’s working out for you guys having watched him play at every level for Villa it’s nice to see him at a club where he’s seemingly appreciated by the fans and gaining meaningful minutes. At £10m he’s a bargain it goes to show how crazy PSR is any time after the PSR deadline you would have been looking at a £20m player but on the other hand I know it’s still early days Amadou Onana looks a steal at £50m.
You won’t come across many Evertonians lamenting Onana’s exit.

Maybe Emery can get the best out of him, but I’m over the moon with £40m + Iroegbunham.

Onana looked pretty impressive when he came on a substitute for us in his first game. There's definitely a very good player there but not suited to Dycheball.

He scored a header for you and it always surprised me that during his time with us that he was never really a consistent threat at set piece.

The crazy thing is this kid was meant to be a throw-in nothing when we swapped with Dobbin. He's so far ahead of our other youth players it's terrifying.
I think its more that our fans assumed that was what was happening not that its what the club was doing I said right from the start I thought he was coming in as someone they thought would be playing and thats how it looks.

Contrary to the bizarre level of hatred from an ignorant section, Onana is a superstar in the waiting. Will be class under Emery

Onana will do well at Villa. He needs players around him to lean on when he requires it. We needed somebody to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag us along. Onana was never that for us. Maybe it's due to us regularly bypassing the midfield and wanting him to just break up attacks and move the ball on. That's why Idrissa and Tim have historically done quite well for us, and players who need time, haven't.

Tim looks like he is going to be a very good player, if he keeps it up probably won’t be here for long, sadly. The good thing is we will in all likelihood make a tidy profit on him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back