2024/25 Tim Iroegbunam

St

Showed flashes off his first game performance but struggled a bit.

I think this season its just about trying to get into 9th-12th range in the table.

Also hoping that Branthwaite, Dixon, O'Brien, Iroegbunam, Armstrong and Chermiti all make a positive mark over the season.

We really need the young players like Iroegbunam to step into their roles so next summer when many are out of contract, they can take their place.

Got very little joy out of that today, particularly in the second half.

Still - like Dixon, these experiences for the younger lads can prove valuable so long as they take lessons away from them.

I think this season its just about trying to get into 9th-12th range in the table.

Also hoping that Branthwaite, Dixon, O'Brien, Iroegbunam, Armstrong and Chermiti all make a positive mark over the season.

We really need the young players like Iroegbunam to step into their roles so next summer when many are out of contract, they can take their place.

Mate we are absolutely nowhere even close to being the 9th best side in this league.

Oh I know! We also werent the 12th best last season.

Its simply based on % football over the season and hoping our luck changes.

We didn’t finish 12th then either.

We’ll be bottom third of the table for the entire season, and that’s being generous.

What position did we finish in the table on performances? Wasnt it 12th?

The points weren’t taken off at the end, so it doesn’t really work like that. We won games at the end of the season that we had to win given our points deductions.

Regardless - we won’t be top 12 this year unless something drastic happens.

The points weren’t taken off at the end, so it doesn’t really work like that. We won games at the end of the season that we had to win given our points deductions.

Regardless - we won’t be top 12 this year unless something drastic happens.

Important to remember that we have young players coming into the squad and also those with another years experience.

Also that Dyche (i may be wrong) doesnt win at the start of a season.

Iroegbunam for example I expect to improve over the season...Garner, Chermiti and Branthwaite just three players we need in and around the 11.

Lets see how the team evolves by Christmas. I think we'll all be feeling different by then.

I think he struggled a bit today, was very rushed on the ball when in possession.

Certainly a good prospect and looks like he’ll be a good signing, but I just don’t know if he’s currently to the level of player that should be starting each week for us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back