• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players have changed though, they don't respond to the style of management they did only 10-15 years ago. Pretty much every player in the Premier League now is a millennial on big money and Moyes has always been useless at handling those types. If he orders some kid with loads of on the ball ability to just run around the training track for weeks on end to get fitter (which he's known to do) they'll likely whine to their agent, who will in turn leak stories to the press. It's not right because players should clean the toilets if a manager says so but that's just how it is. Pogba at United is the most obvious example, whenever he's annoyed about something there's stories in the media about him leaving, so United in turn bend over backwards to appease him. It totally undermined Mourinho in the end and hastened his downfall there. The West Ham owners don't strike me as the type who'd side with their manager (when he's already unpopular with supporters) when he has tension with a good player in the squad.

Maybe I'm totally wrong about him and he ends up inspiring real loyalty from their squad but history tells us Moyes is not people person.
I get your point, but Declan Rice was actually saying he was pleased he got the hairdryer treatment from Moyes as he felt he “needed to be told.”
Not all young people are the stereotypical snowflakes l, especially motivated sportsmen. Part of his qualities was the fact he largely attracted hardworking types here.
Surprisingly enough the West Ham players actually seemed to like him. Maybe it was the Florida jolly!

lol

EM-IA3cX0AEHeTo
That's onside, a goal. A forward has to lean towards the goal to be able to attack the ball, this implementation of pedantry upon millimetre decisions doesn't give the forward any advantage or present any understanding of the game. It even looks onside from the angle which isn't directly in line anyway. They need to overhaul the offside rule asap if a players foot or body is in line with a defender it's onside If they don't VAR will be scrapped very soon.

I get your point, but Declan Rice was actually saying he was pleased he got the hairdryer treatment from Moyes as he felt he “needed to be told.”
Not all young people are the stereotypical snowflakes l, especially motivated sportsmen. Part of his qualities was the fact he largely attracted hardworking types here.
Surprisingly enough the West Ham players actually seemed to like him. Maybe it was the Florida jolly!

I think we've passed the 50% mark where we can safely say the majority are.

That's onside, a goal. A forward has to lean towards the goal to be able to attack the ball, this implementation of pedantry upon millimetre decisions doesn't give the forward any advantage or present any understanding of the game. It even looks onside from the angle which isn't directly in line anyway. They need to overhaul the offside rule asap if a players foot or body is in line with a defender it's onside If they don't VAR will be scrapped very soon.
For me, it's simple. Take away those ridiculous tramlines on VAR and if you can't tell with the naked eye the attacker is offside, then they're onside.

The attacker should always be given the benefit of the doubt unless the offside is clear from the VAR freeze frame, without using tramlines.

To be fair, at least his foot was offside, some of them have been an armpit ffs!

The Irish FA in a bit of a pickle, with doubts about being able to fulfil their UEFA play-off match.

How on Earth does a bloody international football federation go into liquidation?!

That's astounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back