• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypocrisy from the media is sickening. Moyes goes to West Ham and sky ask questions like "is Moyes really the best that West Ham can get?" But when we where linked with him and dared to suggest that we might not be happy about it, the same media was like "STFU, take what you're given, stay in your lane and be grateful for it Everton!" :mad:

Not saying I don’t believe you mate, but where is this being said?

I don’t see why people think Moyes is a bad appointment- they should have kept him on the first place! If he can do for them what he did for us they will be formidable.

They lack the budget for top four, but should surely he capable of challenging for top 8 and European qualification

I don’t see why people think Moyes is a bad appointment- they should have kept him on the first place! If he can do for them what he did for us they will be formidable.

They lack the budget for top four, but should surely he capable of challenging for top 8 and European qualification

First time round at West Ham he collected the sum total of 37 points from 31 games. Hardly the stuff to challenge mid-lower table, let alone European qualification. To be fair though, he still arguably over-achieved at West Ham given what he did in Spain and at Sunderland.

He's easily pleased, he was there for a measly seven months.

EM--epcXsAIHFkM

{CODE} Well I’ve been unemployed for 19 months and nobody else wanted me so when West Ham came calling I had to say yes {CODE}

West Ham, boasting a 60k seater stadium, located in a newly-affluent part of London, should definitely be achieving more and challenging the top 6/8, but that clearly hasn't happened yet. Moyes is not the manager to take them to those heights but he would get them stability.

They shouldn't have axed him for Pellegrini in the first place but I think this is destined to not work out. He'll keep them up like he did last time but long-term I highly doubt he's a manager capable of putting together a decent team anymore, least not one by Premier League standards. Somewhere like MLS or Ligue 1 I think he could do a very decent job for a club looking to build itself up.

First time round at West Ham he collected the sum total of 37 points from 31 games. Hardly the stuff to challenge mid-lower table, let alone European qualification. To be fair though, he still arguably over-achieved at West Ham given what he did in Spain and at Sunderland.

View attachment 75228
That is of course true, but after he stuck Arnautovic up top and settled into a system they ended up eighth in the form table.

They shouldn't have axed him for Pellegrini in the first place but I think this is destined to not work out. He'll keep them up like he did last time but long-term I highly doubt he's a manager capable of putting together a decent team anymore, least not one by Premier League standards. Somewhere like MLS or Ligue 1 I think he could do a very decent job for a club looking to build itself up.
For me the biggest thing that is changed is transfer fee inflation. The guys he signed for us would cost a few million more now.
The underlying skills he has, like working of the training ground and having an eye for a player do not change.
People act as if t he premier league is the best it has ever been, but the Sky 4 era was better. Guys like Rooney, Ronaldo, Drogba, etc

Just seen that Davey has only signed an eighteen-month contract.

Hardly in it for the long-term, is he, considering he's meant to be coming "home".

He probably can’t believe his luck that he is being offered an 18 month deal.

He’s literally seen in the same mould as Sam Allardyce now. Regardless of what he does with West Ham this season they will dismiss him again when it’s finished.

Haven't watched West Ham this season, but they don't look to be in too bad a shape. Moyes should be able to keep them up with half the season left. I am surprised he accepted only an 18 month contract.

For me the biggest thing that is changed is transfer fee inflation. The guys he signed for us would cost a few million more now.
The underlying skills he has, like working of the training ground and having an eye for a player do not change.
People act as if t he premier league is the best it has ever been, but the Sky 4 era was better. Guys like Rooney, Ronaldo, Drogba, etc

Players have changed though, they don't respond to the style of management they did only 10-15 years ago. Pretty much every player in the Premier League now is a millennial on big money and Moyes has always been useless at handling those types. If he orders some kid with loads of on the ball ability to just run around the training track for weeks on end to get fitter (which he's known to do) they'll likely whine to their agent, who will in turn leak stories to the press. It's not right because players should clean the toilets if a manager says so but that's just how it is. Pogba at United is the most obvious example, whenever he's annoyed about something there's stories in the media about him leaving, so United in turn bend over backwards to appease him. It totally undermined Mourinho in the end and hastened his downfall there. The West Ham owners don't strike me as the type who'd side with their manager (when he's already unpopular with supporters) when he has tension with a good player in the squad.

Maybe I'm totally wrong about him and he ends up inspiring real loyalty from their squad but history tells us Moyes is not people person.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back