• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but if we’re going with the letter of the law, which is what you were saying, then he got the correct decision if he didn’t touch the ball

Which was if it hit him.

Now that it apparently hasn't, it's still for me the same scenario as to why the rule was brought in - providing an unfair advantage via the referee

Like all those "offside" decisions too
I was just correcting the the fact that you thought the ref hit it. I haven’t commented on the offside, I have only commented on the VVD handball. I have only said that offside is generally flawed with VAR in that they don’t use a margin of error, which I think is a fair point. So I don’t get too worked up about offsides as I’ve thought it was a farce from the begining.

How depressing would it be to be a West Ham fan.

Stuck in a stadium totally inadequate for hosting football.
A point above the relegation zone.
A well-funded yet woefully underperforming squad.
Horrible football club owners.
Little room for optimism on the horizon.
David Moyes and Tony Pulis touted as their next manager lol
To be fair, that was us about 3/4 weeks ago.

To be fair, that was us about 3/4 weeks ago.

I'd argue Goodison even in it's current state is an improvement on London Stadium for the purposes of watching football, also we have BMD on the horizon, and as much as we might complain at times, our owners are much better than theirs. And if we appointed Moyes / Pulis post-Silva, there would have been a revolt, whereas their fans seem comfortable with the idea of Moyes. I won't argue with the under-performing squad three weeks ago though, and of course, back then relegation seemed a real threat.

I'd argue Goodison even in it's current state is an improvement on London Stadium for the purposes of watching football, also we have BMD on the horizon, and as much as we might complain at times, our owners are much better than theirs. And if we appointed Moyes / Pulis post-Silva, there would have been a revolt, whereas their fans seem comfortable with the idea of Moyes. I won't argue with the under-performing squad three weeks ago though, and of course, back then relegation seemed a real threat.
I was mostly joking.

But it’s not to the same degree of accuracy as the goal line tech. “Hawkeye” is the just the providers. To look at a static line is far far far easier to do than look at 4 moving targets which could be anywhere in a 100 square meter area at any time. So it’s misleading to just go “it’s haweye” in my opinion.

How they do offside is greatly flawed
Easy Li VAR Pool is a nailed on winner for them - only them and Man United have no big TV Screen in the prem.......

Great ending in the A league game a few mins ago,Adelaide 3-1 down going into injury time had 2 pens,one scored and one missed over the bar,though the 2 one is defo not a pen for me despite Ref watching both on his screen,the player conceeding on the 2nd pen lost his Rag and walked off before been forced back on,and even after the final whistle was mouthing off big time to refs etc

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back