• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is whether the ball went over the line for a goal a judgment call?

Cast your mind back to the Germany v England game when the score was 2-1 to Germany and we 'scored' - the ball was clearly over the line as per the TV views. The JUDGEMENT CALL by the linesman & ref was that it hadn't fully crossed the line.

Other than that, your questioning whether a ball over the line is a goal is stupid, particularly when it hits the net...

I ask again, are you being serious? Or is it a case of you not understanding what the term 'judgement call' means?

Cast your mind back to the Germany v England game when the score was 2-1 to Germany and we 'scored' - the ball was clearly over the line as per the TV views. The JUDGEMENT CALL by the linesman & ref was that it hadn't fully crossed the line.

Other than that, your questioning whether a ball over the line is a goal is stupid, particularly when it hits the net...

I ask again, are you being serious? Or is it a case of you not understanding what the term 'judgement call' means?
Nah man you just aren't seeing that a goal is a goal and offside is offside. Someone has to judge it but they are either 100% right or wrong. A foul is different from that.

That's fair. Except Lampard is not a good manager imo. Maybe he learns and gets better.

I think the patience we apply to young players, we really need to with young managers too. It's a learning curve for them all and, ultimately, it's a different strategy for the club.

That's what Chelsea are choosing to invest in now, rather than perpetuating the management merry-go-round they've had there for the last 15 years.

Lot's of young players, James, Mount, Lamptey, Abraham, Tomori, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi all 23 and under.

Even the likes of Kepa, Barkley, Zouma, Rudiger, Emerson and Kovacic are only 25 so not even at their peak.

That’s fine, but it doesn’t actually matter. Him being on the pitch doesn’t mean he caused a goal. They could’ve been 4-0 up at half time if he hadn’t started, you don’t know.
On the evidence after he went off I feel pretty confident that they would not have been

I think the patience we apply to young players, we really need to with young managers too. It's a learning curve for them all and, ultimately, it's a different strategy for the club.

That's what Chelsea are choosing to invest in now, rather than perpetuating the management merry-go-round they've had there for the last 15 years.

Lot's of young players, James, Mount, Lamptey, Abraham, Tomori, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi all 23 and under.

Even the likes of Kepa, Barkley, Zouma, Rudiger, Emerson and Kovacic are only 25 so not even at their peak.
I guess. I feel like with management most of the time they either have it or don't.

Barkley’s 26 actually. He’s a senior player in that team.

Nah man you just aren't seeing that a goal is a goal and offside is offside. Someone has to judge it but they are either 100% right or wrong. A foul is different from that.

Good attempt at deflection, but THIS is what I challenged in your post originally: "...that standard isn't applied to offside because it isn't a judgement call ..." So, I will say it again. Whether the linesman puts his flag up or not IS a judgement call by that individual. Now, if you cannot understand that, or refuse to accept that, then there is nothing more I can say about your understanding of the English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back