• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good attempt at deflection, but THIS is what I challenged in your post originally: "...that standard isn't applied to offside because it isn't a judgement call ..." So, I will say it again. Whether the linesman puts his flag up or not IS a judgement call by that individual. Now, if you cannot understand that, or refuse to accept that, then there is nothing more I can say about your understanding of the English language.
When something is 100% right or wrong it is not subject to judgment.

When something is 100% right or wrong it is not subject to judgment.

You just don't understand, do you?

So, I will say it again. Whether the linesman puts his flag up or not IS a judgement call by that individual. Whether he is RIGHT to put it up or not is another matter altogether. You appear to work on absolutes, when that CANNOT be the case when human judgement is called into play, either by the officials on the pitch, or those sitting in front of screens operating VAR.

No further point...

You just don't understand, do you?

So, I will say it again. Whether the linesman puts his flag up or not IS a judgement call by that individual. Whether he is RIGHT to put it up or not is another matter altogether. You appear to work on absolutes, when that CANNOT be the case when human judgement is called into play, either by the officials on the pitch, or those sitting in front of screens operating VAR.

No further point...
Offside is an absolute though. You are either offside or you are onside. The officially either rightly calls you off when you are off or wrongly calls you on when you are off. The opposite is of course also true. It's all absolute.

Offside IS a judgement call, especially with VAR because it depends on what frame they are using to decide when the ball is released. Using these lines makes it a mockery.

riddick,
As you have probably seen, I have tried to explain this simple premise to him, which you have now also pointed out. I fear we will both be getting nowhere with him...

Offside is an absolute though. You are either offside or you are onside. The officially either rightly calls you off when you are off or wrongly calls you on when you are off. The opposite is of course also true. It's all absolute.

Sorry mate, you have finally lapsed into talking absolute bollocks.

You simply don't understand the simple construction in the English language placed on the words 'judgement call'.

Come back at me when you do.

Sorry mate, you have finally lapsed into talking absolute bollocks.

You simply don't understand the simple construction in the English language placed on the words 'judgement call'.

Come back at me when you do.
I just am amused by this idea that if a guy is 3 inches offside we can say that's not clear and obvious enough and let it stand when he is offside. It's just weird. He's offside. It isn't a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back