Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them giving Solskjaer the job just blows my mind if i'm honest, the fella failed at Cardiff and didn't do nothing at Molde when he went back. Surely they go in for Pochettino in the summer.

I can't understand how you would do what they did without it being a plan, though. This wasn't two drunks going down the supermarket and coming back with three different types of bread, they spent time negotiating for all those players and tried to play them together. To say they were doing it randomly is to let them off the hook.
I think you have the impression that most clubs have a plan. I'd say currently City, the RS, Leicester, Burnley and Wolves are the ones who actually do. A few others might including us, we will know more after the summer, but it isn't particularly common.

I think you have the impression that most clubs have a plan. I'd say currently City, the RS, Leicester, Burnley and Wolves are the ones who actually do. A few others might including us, we will know more after the summer, but it isn't particularly common.

Most clubs do, and the problem is that the plan is usually overcomplicated and unrealistic (as ours has been up until Ancelotti). City and the RS's plan was simple - just to get the best manager they could possibly get, turn the football parts of the club over to them and back them properly; Pep and Klopp are two of the three great managers of our times and so the plan has worked.

Burnley and Leicester followed the tried and tested route of teams getting into the PL and staying there - ie: keep the spine of the same side that took you up there and show no respect to the teams already in the PL (admittedly Leicester took that to extremes when they won the league). West Brom, Charlton, Stoke and others did that for a while but its very hard to sustain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back