Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he hadn't have been unlucky and crap he'd still be here and Ancelotti wouldn't. You have to go there to come back.
Been there too many times.He was a bad appointment from the start and should of been sacked earlier.It was obvious he wasnt good enough.We lost far to many points against ,"lower level" sides early doors, he should never have got the time he got.

Been there too many times.He was a bad appointment from the start and should of been sacked earlier.It was obvious he wasnt good enough.We lost far to many points against ,"lower level" sides early doors, he should never have got the time he got.

Cool. But it's done. And as a result of all of that, Carlo Ancelotti is our manager and we have a 3rd of a season to make up not many points on teams around us we're playing better than.

Smile! The future is bright!

No one’s arguing about the offside though are they you raging oddball? They’re arguing about the two massively incorrect calls that changed the entire game.

Hand in hand for me

As mentioned before, they're analysing millimetres for offsides yet don't take the same scrutiny over other incidents.

To me you can't bring out lines, zooms, angles that aren't really 100% accurate anyway and not apply the same analysis to things the ref misses.

It’s true though. The offside one is bang on. Some might argue it’s not in the spirit of the game but it’s the one aspect of VAR which is utterly correct in terms of the rules of the game. Whether you’re an inch or a yard past the last man, you’re offside.

People don’t like that and that’s fair enough, but the officials got the Giroud one bang on and that’s what VaR is there for.

It’s the other stuff, the Maguire kick out and the Azpi shove, I can’t really understand. But, then, they are subjective and it’s down to opinion at the end of the day. They are paid to make the decision in seconds, we’re still arguing about them hours later.

They have minutes and a million TV angles to call a decision as shown throughout this season. They still miss things and still get things wrong.

But apparently offsides they've got spot on. So if that's the case, use it just for offsides and things that aren't subjective.

Said it for a while now, the blanket approach to VAR isn't right. It's needs minimising and only a tool that the ref asks for if needed. Not the other way around.

They have minutes and a million TV angles to call a decision as shown throughout this season. They still miss things and still get things wrong.

But apparently offsides they've got spot on. So if that's the case, use it just for offsides and things that aren't subjective.

Said it for a while now, the blanket approach to VAR isn't right. It's needs minimising and only a tool that the ref asks for if needed. Not the other way around.
This is the approach in rugby and it's a model I'd much prefer in football because firstly it's a much more open and transparent process and the ref is still in charge.

They'll ask for a review, the communication between ref and TMO is televised or can be listened to within the ground and replays are shown for everyone to see.

How we've got a process where the VAR referee has become the primary official once they're called into action, yet there is little transparency, is beyond me.

This is the approach in rugby and it's a model I'd much prefer in football because firstly it's a much more open and transparent process and the ref is still in charge.

They'll ask for a review, the communication between ref and TMO is televised or can be listened to within the ground and replays are shown for everyone to see.

How we've got a process where the VAR referee has become the primary official once they're called into action, yet there is little transparency, is beyond me.
I hate the way the commentators for the game can hear and know what VAR are saying, yet people at home etc dont-that is just a weird way to work it

But if its transparent they wouldn't be able to fix the match. Sportsmanship still exists in rugby -football is now just a commercial means of collecting money. It'll never happen.

Not sure if this got mentioned on here last night but having watched the game, I noticed the Mancs were busy singing the rather tedious 'Chelsea rentboys' song.

I wonder if they'll now get attacked for so-called 'homophobic chanting' as we did after singing the same song to Chelsea fans back in December?

I hate the way the commentators for the game can hear and know what VAR are saying, yet people at home etc dont-that is just a weird way to work it
They also get additional angles that aren't always evident to the public because a few times I've heard them say (paraphrased), "We wish you could see this angle."

Give the Son handball for example earlier in the year when at first we literally had no idea why VAR had been called, which player was involved or what happened.

Why do people at home get this benefit whereas the match going fans, who've paid good money to go, are denied this facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back