Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one way to look at it mate, but we are not getting 4th, silva should have been replaced way before he was.Its is in the past now and the future looks rosy, but I will look back at the end of the season knowing Silva has cost us big time.

That's one way to look at it mate, but we are not getting 4th, silva should have been replaced way before he was.Its is in the past now and the future looks rosy, but I will look back at the end of the season knowing Silva has cost us big time.
Yeah would have been nice to have Carlo at the start of the season. Silva had the best run of fixtures at the start I have seen an he still messed it all up. I no we aren’t getting 4th realistically. I just think we can cause a couple of shocks in both the Arsenal an Chelsea away games. Hopefully we can sneak a Europa spot.

This current Chelsea outfit look a pale imitation of their class sides of the last 15 years.

They've still got plenty of quality players but we shouldn't be going there overly feared next month.

This current Chelsea outfit look a pale imitation of their class sides of the last 15 years.

They've still got plenty of quality players but we shouldn't be going there overly feared next month.
No that’s why I think we can get something myself. We aren’t great away we all no this but Chelsea have been poor at home this season.

Chelsea could be 7th by sun night,something i did not even think of as they were so far ahead it seemed like in 4th place, but they have only took 15 points from a possible 42 in the last 14 league games since that Man City loss in november

They're having the inverse of our season so far, with their start being somewhat better than our post-Silva patch of form. I get how you go from one point a game to two (new manager), but how do you go from two points a game to one? Same manager, same players, not injury-ravaged.

The door to Europe is wide open now - getting 24 from 12 should be right around what is needed for 4th on teams' current form. We should probably hope for lots of draws when other teams from 4th through 10th play each other.

"if the decisions are consistent, there isn't a problem with it" says the bloke whose team have got every major decision tonight

It’s true though. The offside one is bang on. Some might argue it’s not in the spirit of the game but it’s the one aspect of VAR which is utterly correct in terms of the rules of the game. Whether you’re an inch or a yard past the last man, you’re offside.

People don’t like that and that’s fair enough, but the officials got the Giroud one bang on and that’s what VaR is there for.

It’s the other stuff, the Maguire kick out and the Azpi shove, I can’t really understand. But, then, they are subjective and it’s down to opinion at the end of the day. They are paid to make the decision in seconds, we’re still arguing about them hours later.

It’s true though. The offside one is bang on. Some might argue it’s not in the spirit of the game but it’s the one aspect of VAR which is utterly correct in terms of the rules of the game. Whether you’re an inch or a yard past the last man, you’re offside.

People don’t like that and that’s fair enough, but the officials got the Giroud one bang on and that’s what VaR is there for.

It’s the other stuff, the Maguire kick out and the Azpi shove, I can’t really understand. But, then, they are subjective and it’s down to opinion at the end of the day. They are paid to make the decision in seconds, we’re still arguing about them hours later.

No one’s arguing about the offside though are they you raging oddball? They’re arguing about the two massively incorrect calls that changed the entire game.

No one’s arguing about the offside though are they you raging oddball? They’re arguing about the two massively incorrect calls that changed the entire game.

In my quoted post, @tsubaki quoted Gary Neville’s reaction to the disallowed Giroud goal and how VAR is used for offsides.

Prior to that post, there were several posts from other users decrying the failure to give the Giroud goal.

So, yes Mike. There was discussion about offsides you *ahem* “utter, utter danger”

In my quoted post, @tsubaki quoted Gary Neville’s reaction to the disallowed Giroud goal and how VAR is used for offsides.

Prior to that post, there were several posts from other users decrying the failure to give the Giroud goal.

So, yes Mike. There was discussion about offsides you *ahem* “utter, utter danger”

You are the biggest danger in the history of this forum.

No that’s why I think we can get something myself. We aren’t great away we all no this but Chelsea have been poor at home this season.
You're talking about the old Everton there mate. Now we have one of the very best managers in the entire world at the helm and the sky is the kin limit. I expect us to go there and get a point minimum. We're better than them, even with this squad. Get in there Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back