Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheBigIguana take richarlison and DCL for example you would be hard pressed to find anyone that says we don't favour a two man forward/ striker formation. But they are very different in roles and attributes but fundamentally they are still strikers in the role of 442
Yes but last year when Richarlison was on the right a lot I would not have called him a striker. In fact I was saying that he should move to striker a lot.

You can also make that case. Their system is weird to define. Robertson and Trent are fullbacks but they really don't do what a lot of other fullbacks are tasked with. You can't really not call them fullbacks though.
Alexander Arnold is a defender who plays at right back - the generic terms. How does he fulfil that role? Within that, he's a wing back rather than a full back.

For me, a full back leans more towards defence rather than offensive duties whereas a wing-back plays slightly further up and tries to push on - needing cover.

Obviously, it does boil down to how the manager plays them but you look at attributes to. Hibbert was a full back whereas Coleman could (previously) play both.

I love a forward who never misses a penalty and bangs loads of goals in against gash teams.

Still miss Rom.

You gave me 11. Kane is one player. I'd probably add Lukaku Icardi and this version of Suarez who looks past his best to the list if you're making me take 6 out

This is 12 names, so 8 of which Haland is better than, 4 make the cut in the "world's top 5 striker" list, I even cut out Ronaldo and Messi so you'd stop crying. Please bold the 8 names he is better than.

Aguero
Cavani
Auba
Werner
Lewa
Lukaku
Higuain
Icardi
Kane
Suarez
Mbappe
Kane

This is 12 names, so 8 of which Haland is better than, 4 make the cut in the "world's top 5 striker" list, I even cut out Ronaldo and Messi so you'd stop crying. Please bold the 8 names he is better than.

Aguero
Cavani
Auba
Werner
Lewa
Lukaku
Higuain
Icardi
Kane
Suarez
Mbappe
Kane
This is a list of 11 names because Kane is entry number 9 and 12.

Unless of course you're talking about St. Johnstone's Chris Kane in which case Håland is better than him.

Amazing.

No sport for weeks, and Talksport has been superb.

A few "football" games in Germany, (which looked and sounded rubbish), and bang. Football experts all over the shop trying their best to sound clever in the misguided believe that football fans in the UK cared an ounce about the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back