Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
that announcer

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the game was broadcast on a Spanish-language channel, and you could listen to it in English on a separate audio channel. The problem is that they use announcers who are bilingual and English is not their native language. They comment on the game in English but they still use the cadence of Spanish announcers. It’s very awkward.

To my mind there is bias in some of the comments criticising Jamie Carragher, I agree with those who think while Liverpool are now obviously the club he supports and would hope to beat everyone, his boyhood allegiances to us, as a real fan before he signed for them, does mean he still has a special affection for the blues and our long suffering fans. He invariably wants us to do well as long as it's not against his own reds.

He talks sense again in an article on the City decision saying Klopp was WRONG with his ridiculous statement saying the CAS decision on FFP was 'not good for football' and continues

"I have said from day one that current FFP rules are a contradiction, focusing too much on well-run clubs who can afford massive investment and not enough on those financially mismanaged. That is why I do not agree with Jurgen Klopp when he said the Cas verdict was ‘not good for football’.

If Everton’s Farhad Moshiri asks business partner Alisher Usmanov to invest his billions, why shouldn’t he? Stop disguising it through naming rights and commercial deals.

He thinks it's good, not bad, that the likes of Chelsea and City have been able to break the long standing hierarchy of clubs at the top competing for things, and why shouldn't Newcastle and Everton do the same. Clubs being taken over and suddenly having the financial wherewithal to compete effectively against the established elite increases competition and increases the number of clubs who CAN possibly win the league. That's good for football and football competitions not bad. It's not happening under protectionist FFP with the same clubs winning all the time.

Klopp cites Germany and how FFP has been good, how is that Jürgen? Bayern now just dominate winning season after season after season, signing all the best players from their rivals as their restricted rivals have to bow down before them.

I find Carragher talks a lot of sense a lot of the time tbh.

Thats fine, I agree football is setup in a way that benefits the mega clubs but the fact remains that it's a lot more impressive to build your wealth the way United have than how City have.

Im not making exceptions though, im just pointing out that United did what they did in a much more natural and organic way... so yes there is a big difference and one is definitely more impressive and worthy of respect than the other.

United got to where they are through hard work, a brilliant academy and good business. City became a top club overnight through no hard work at all, like they used a cheat code in a game.

I know deep down you know what one is more impressive, you're just too stubborn to admit it :p QUOTE]

I don't think that there can be any doubt whatsoever that those City bastards have ruined football........................for you.

To my mind there is bias in some of the comments criticising Jamie Carragher, I agree with those who think while Liverpool are now obviously the club he supports and would hope to beat everyone, his boyhood allegiances to us, as a real fan before he signed for them, does mean he still has a special affection for the blues and our long suffering fans. He invariably wants us to do well as long as it's not against his own reds.

He talks sense again in an article on the City decision saying Klopp was WRONG with his ridiculous statement saying the CAS decision on FFP was 'not good for football' and continues

"I have said from day one that current FFP rules are a contradiction, focusing too much on well-run clubs who can afford massive investment and not enough on those financially mismanaged. That is why I do not agree with Jurgen Klopp when he said the Cas verdict was ‘not good for football’.

If Everton’s Farhad Moshiri asks business partner Alisher Usmanov to invest his billions, why shouldn’t he? Stop disguising it through naming rights and commercial deals.

He thinks it's good, not bad, that the likes of Chelsea and City have been able to break the long standing hierarchy of clubs at the top competing for things, and why shouldn't Newcastle and Everton do the same. Clubs being taken over and suddenly having the financial wherewithal to compete effectively against the established elite increases competition and increases the number of clubs who CAN possibly win the league. That's good for football and football competitions not bad. It's not happening under protectionist FFP with the same clubs winning all the time.

Klopp cites Germany and how FFP has been good, how is that Jürgen? Bayern now just dominate winning season after season after season, signing all the best players from their rivals as their restricted rivals have to bow down before them.

I find Carragher talks a lot of sense a lot of the time tbh.
They are all very good points. After all we do have clubs who have broken that structure and become dominant as a result so we know it creates an uneven playing field for anyone else, although that is alongside the corruption in football in my opinion.

Think the bias towards carragher is not his alleged club and more that he is capable and willing to spit in a girl's face.

Big Game for West brom at Huddersfield right now, if west brom fail to win then Leeds are auto promoted today,and it also gives Brentford the chance to go 2nd tomorrow with one game left-- Leeds are 1-0 down after 20mins

Big Game for West brom at Huddersfield right now, if west brom fail to win then Leeds are auto promoted today,and it also gives Brentford the chance to go 2nd tomorrow with one game left-- Leeds are 1-0 down after 20mins

West Brom have totally cocked up since December to be honest, Brentford are absolutely flying aswell so if West Brom fail to win here then I think Brentford will get automatic promotion

West Brom have totally cocked up since December to be honest, Brentford are absolutely flying aswell so if West Brom fail to win here then I think Brentford will get automatic promotion
As ive said a few times,i want Brentford up as ive never seen them in the top league myself,be nice to see a different team up,instead of west brom going up/down every season or 2-thought West Brom would win final 2 to be honest though and stay in 2nd-- Last day of season is wednesday

The prem does not need west Brom coming back up and boring the hell out of everyone whilst going straight back down again. Is that why they're called boing boing baggies?

Have they ever had an exciting team? They had lukaku smashing them in for one season, can't remember anything else that would have got anyone out of their seats.

The prem does not need west Brom coming back up and boring the hell out of everyone whilst going straight back down again. Is that why they're called boing boing baggies?

Have they ever had an exciting team? They had lukaku smashing them in for one season, can't remember anything else that would have got anyone out of their seats.

Under Ron Atkinson they were brilliant.

Here is the west brom goal,would you have give it,or is Lossl moaning for nothing, West brom maybe should have had pen few mins earlier as well,as Huddersfield player ran right into the back of a west brom player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back