Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me feel a little better.

we’ve only spent like £150m to be garbage, how much have city spent? How much have they regressed?

£500m recently? Look absolutely lost.

deBruyne can’t do it on his own. Jesus has to be the most overhyped player of all time?

Missing their spine of Kompany Fernandinho Silva Aguero. How do you replace them? Big recruitment job for Pep this summer.
The thing is Pep has bought a player to replace each one and it hasn't exactly worked out. I think Stones, Rodri, Bernardo and Jesus were the succession plan.

I don't think Digne totally fits but I could see them taking a look.

Dont think he's the solution as they need someone who can defend well too and I dont think Digne is a quality defender - although he'd be a big upgrade on what they have now. At least Walkers ridiculous pace helps cover some of his lack of defensive ability..

City need to get a top LB and top CB in ASAP

The thing is Pep has bought a player to replace each one and it hasn't exactly worked out. I think Stones, Rodri, Bernardo and Jesus were the succession plan.

I think the lack of CB when it was glaringly obvious it was needed has killed them this season. Obviously no one would have predicted the Laporte situation but cover yourself at least!

I also think Aguero is world class and he’s just either injured a lot now cause he just gets hacked st or he’s trying to bleed Jesus into the side.

I think the lack of CB when it was glaringly obvious it was needed has killed them this season. Obviously no one would have predicted the Laporte situation but cover yourself at least!

I also think Aguero is world class and he’s just either injured a lot now cause he just gets hacked st or he’s trying to bleed Jesus into the side.
Even when Aguero is healthy Pep plays Jesus a lot. I think he really wants it to work but honestly I think Jesus does the bare minimum in a side with that much creative ability.

Was thinking the same thing when the started bombing the crosses. Edin would have scored there.

But if you havent got a Dzeko there then why do that? Its brainless.

I think Arteta knew full well if they kept it tight and close down De Bruyne and foden but leave Mendy open as he doesnt have the quality to play intricate passes and they knew they could deal with the crosses.

Dont think he's the solution as they need someone who can defend well too and I dont think Digne is a quality defender - although he'd be a big upgrade on what they have now. At least Walkers ridiculous pace helps cover some of his lack of defensive ability..

City need to get a top LB and top CB in ASAP
I'm struggling to think who a top LB would be though. Seems like a thin position generally.

But if you havent got a Dzeko there then why do that? Its brainless.

I think Arteta knew full well if they kept it tight and close down De Bruyne and foden but leave Mendy open as he doesnt have the quality to play intricate passes and they knew they could deal with the crosses.
It was a bit daft. As good as City are they do have weaknesses in attack. Mendy being one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back