Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when Aguero is healthy Pep plays Jesus a lot. I think he really wants it to work but honestly I think Jesus does the bare minimum in a side with that much creative ability.

Correct. Not sure if he’s wrapping Aguero in cotton wool cause he’s probably broken by now, but Jesus isn’t the answer.

Very rarely steps up against top opposition.

When Ancelotti and Arteta got rhe jobs I thought the two clubs were going in different directions, didn't want Arteta. It's not gone as I thought to be fair!
Tom Davies shot doesn't hit the post and we beat the RS too but with an actual controlled defensive display and not complete luck riding. It is fine margins really. But both clubs are so far away from where they want to be that the key is to buy into what the manager is doing and give him and the DOF lots of time to work it all out. Even if there are some lower moments along the way.

We did have one for 4 years and we're still nearly men.

Crap GK & managers though mate.

Give Ancelotti Lukaku & a top GK with Richarlison and we would be fighting for top 6.

How boss was it in koeman's first season when you knew Rom would score literally near every game - never felt confident since he left that we have it in our locker to smash a team.

Arteta done well there dont get me wrong, but look at his counter players - Aubamayang, Lacazette and Pepe. 2 of them have pure pace (Pepe and Auba), 2 of them are clinical strikers (Laca and Auba).

We could perform like that defensively but we have Calvert Lewin bearing down on Ederson, not a world class finisher then the result may still be 0-0.

Yoi can afford to be a counter team when you know your attackers are reliable

Crap GK & managers though mate.

Give Ancelotti Lukaku & a top GK with Richarlison and we would be fighting for top 6.

How boss was it in koeman's first season when you knew Rom would score literally near every game - never felt confident since he left that we have it in our locker to smash a team.

You think our current midfield would compete if we had Buffon and Bobby L?

Interesting.

You think our current midfield would compete if we had Buffon and Bobby L?

Interesting.

Liverpool finished 2nd with a finished Gerrard literally hoofing the ball to Suarez & Sturridge every week.

Footballs a simple game complicated by fifa nerds - have 2 strikers who regulary put the ball in the back of the net and a top keeper who keeps the ball out of your own and you have a very good chance of winning a game.

Could have KDB in your midfield but does nothing if you have Deeney or DCL up top not making the rights movement / wasting chances.

Liverpool finished 2nd with a finished Gerrard literally hoofing the ball to Suarez & Sturridge every week.

Footballs a simple game complicated by fifa nerds - have 2 strikers who regulary put the ball in the back of the net and a top keeper who keeps the ball out of your own and you have a very good chance of winning a game.

Could have KDB in your midfield but does nothing if you have Deeney or DCL up top not making the rights movement / wasting chances.
I love that you bring up DCL anywhere and everywhere lol lol

He had the NERVE to leave to win a trophy and then showed a desire to win upon coming back for his new team.

How dare he.

I hear ye goat but in the games against him he went overboard on the snide. He acted like we were the devil and we treated him terribly and that he hated his x team mates. Never seen him do that for us. It hurt me a lil if I’m being honest.

No football is a very easy game.

Score more than the other team.

Im just confused, you said teams need a top GK, the season they finished 2nd they had Mingolet.

But Strikers win games, defenders stop goals and midfielders make you tick.

DCL isn't missing loads, compared to his peers.

Would love to test your KDB theory tho.

dcl.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back