Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No football is a very easy game.

Score more than the other team.

Im just confused, you said teams need a top GK, the season they finished 2nd they had Mingolet.

But Strikers win games, defenders stop goals and midfielders make you tick.

DCL isn't missing loads, compared to his peers.

Would love to test your KDB theory tho.

View attachment 94697

Had RS had Allison in goal or atleast 1 top drawer CB and not Mignolet / Lovren they'll have won the league that year imo

Problem with DCL is every good stat about him is based on a purple patch of 3 months under 2 new managers.

I mean how often do you see certain players / teams do well under a new manager bounce before reverting to type

Problem is every good stat about him is based on a purple patch of 3 months under 2 new managers.

I mean how often do you see certain players / teams do well under a new manager bounce before reverting to type

Which makes your hero-worship of Danny Ings even more baffling.

But when you consider it was Callum Wilson before that it makes sense.

I wont mention Tammy Abraham and the fella Pukki at Norwich either.

We have 3 very young Strikers, all very unproven yes, all have a few question marks.

But you have suggested replacing them with Lukaku, who wouldn't touch us with a barge poll, Jimenez, who is 30 and doubt he would leave Wolves for us and Belotti, who is totally unproven outside Serie A.

Proven Strikers cost lots and lots of money, we are taking a chance that the 3 we have can prove themselves.

Had RS had Allison in goal or atleast 1 top drawer CB and not Mignolet / Lovren they'll have won the league that year imo

Problem with DCL is every good stat about him is based on a purple patch of 3 months under 2 new managers.

Yo buddy.

Which makes your hero-worship of Danny Ings even more baffling.

But when you consider it was Callum Wilson before that it makes sense.

I wont mention Tammy Abraham and the fella Pukki at Norwich either.

We have 3 very young Strikers, all very unproven yes, all have a few question marks.

But you have suggested replacing them with Lukaku, who wouldn't touch us with a barge poll, Jimenez, who is 30 and doubt he would leave Wolves for us and Belotti, who is totally unproven outside Serie A.

Proven Strikers cost lots and lots of money, we are taking a chance that the 3 we have can prove themselves.

Ings may not replicate this seasons tally - but at this stage the fact he's done the business all season under the same manager / system makes it more likely than DCL who has done it for 3 months does it not?

As I said earlier Everton are masters of waiting for something to crash and burn before actually doing something.

We knew Tosun wasn't suited to the Prem under Allardyce but we gave him the following season to be utter turd before deciding he wasnt good enough.

We knew Marco Silva wasn't good enough but kept him on end of last season based on a purple patch of good results in order for him to crash and burn and prove again without a shadow of a doubt how crap he was.

Come next season I have no doubt in my mind the Echo will come out with a "hot off the press" article of how Evertons strikeforce of DCL, Kean & Tosun are not scoring enough and Ancelotti "surely needs to look in the market for another centre forward" - when I could have told you that 12 months ago.

Everton Football Club - masters of "we go with what we've got until its proven beyond doubt it aint working."

And we wonder why we haven't won an argument for 25 years.

Last edited:

Ings may not replicate this seasons tally - but at this stage the fact he's done the business all season under the same manager / system makes it more likely than DCL who has done it for 3 months does it not?

As I said earlier Everton are masters of waiting for something to crash and burn before actually doing something.

We knew Tosun wasn't suited to the Prem under Allardyce but we gave him the following season to be utter turd before deciding he wasnt good enough.

We knew Marco Silva wasn't good enough but kept him on end of last season based on a purple patch of good results in order for him to crash and burn and prove again without a shadow of a doubt how crap he was.

Come next season I have no doubt in my mind the Echo will come out with a "hot off the press" article of how Evertons strikeforce of DCL, Kean & Tosun are not scoring enough and Ancelotti "surely needs to look in the market for another centre forward" - when I could have told you that 12 months ago.

Everton Football Club - masters of "we go with what we've got until its proven beyond doubt it aint working."

And we wonder why we haven't won an argument for 25 years.

Tosun scored 5 in 14, in his first 6 months adjusting to the league, where we really sure he wasn't suited at that point?

He left us in no doubt so he was loaned, this summer he will probably again be loaned, the jury is not out Tosun, its retired its verdict.

I knew Marco Silva wasn't good enough when he threw away a 2 goal lead at Goodison to Everton as Watford manager, but our options, just like when we sacked weren't great, there were signs of him getting a tune out so we gave him more time. With a stroke of luck we now have 1 of the worlds most decorated managers.

Im not saying we don't need another Striker, Kean looks like a fish out of water..

But no offence you always say that Everton will fail and you always feel justified. Honestly its not groundbreaking to suggest that a team that has failed for 33 years on the run will continue to fail.

As I said earlier in the transfer thread, for me our Keeper is poor, we need a new RB, Mina looks shockingly bad at times and injury-prone, so we could do with a CB, our midfield is dire, all along the 4, dire, dire, dire and our 3 Strikers are all very unproven.

So if we REALLY want a perfect squad we need a GK, RB,CB, 2x CMs, 1 RW, 1 LW, and a ST, if we don't get ALL of them, I don't see us winning the league.

It almost always breaks at some point. I just hate the bias that is displayed in situations like this. If you're calling this tactical brilliance from Arteta than you have to do it when Big Sam does too.

He's only had since January with them,no transfer window and knows what he's got at his disposal.
Off course he's riding his luck but he had a game plan for 2 games got lucky with the 1st and the players did it almost to perfection with the second, if they'd taken their chances they'd have been 3-1 against Spurs if even with the now obligatory brain fart defending.
He's shown he can adapt to what he has but like his presser said on Friday, he needs backing to bring in the reinforcements that mean he doesn't have to play like the fat walrus every week.

The Aguero Kompany Silva era is all but over. They have a huge rebuild pending.

This and then some.
Silva is probably one of the best foreign players to ever play in England but he's definitely too aging , they should be busting a gut to bring Haaland to the blue half of Manchester as Aguero's replacement because Jesus will never be that guy and its not just Kompany's defending they miss, it's his captaincy they haven't replaced (think Arsenal Vieira or T.Adams).

When Ancelotti and Arteta got rhe jobs I thought the two clubs were going in different directions, didn't want Arteta. It's not gone as I thought to be fair!

Both have spent the last 6 months working out what their players are about with a 3 month pandemic break.
I'd wait till they have a full season and a couple of transfer windows before drawing any conclusions about either.

Ahead of today's big semi and Frank Lampard's comments on United being a bit lucky with decisions this season..

Solskjaer says there is an 'agenda' against United.

And coming from one who's never been known to be at all one-eyed or blinkered in his views or fairness too....

See the I think it WAS a pen comments following the highly controversial one given to them when Fernandes jumped on the defender's foot - one of only 13 pens given to United (as well as quite a few goals against them overturned, mostly these deslcions were correct tbf so don't get me wrong)

Like virtually all managers though Olé sees things with his own club's interest first and foremost in mind. It's possibly a good response though to make sure refs don't go too much the other way and start being even handed in United games

:D:D:D:D

Ahead of today's big semi and Frank Lampard's comments on United being a bit lucky with decisions this season..

Solskjaer says there is an 'agenda' against United.

And coming from one who's never been known to be at all one-eyed or blinkered in his views or fairness too....

See the I think it WAS a pen comments following the highly controversial one given to them when Fernandes jumped on the defender's foot - one of only 13 pens given to United (as well as quite a few goals against them overturned, mostly these deslcions were correct tbf so don't get me wrong)

Like virtually all managers though Olé sees things with his own club's interest first and foremost in mind. It's possibly a good response though to make sure refs don't go too much the other way and start being even handed in United games

:D:D:D:D

Whisky faced Taggart has still got his hand up his puppet oles arsehoole, pulling all the strings at the theatre of screams and still at the fa/prem league, the horrible cheating barsteward - football is bent, especially for certain clubs, end of.

When Ancelotti and Arteta got rhe jobs I thought the two clubs were going in different directions, didn't want Arteta. It's not gone as I thought to be fair!
Perhaps the squad that Arteta inherited are on less cushy and lucrative contracts than those of the boys who Carlo got lumbered with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back