Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a whole "end of era" feel to it for Barca.

Just so many comparisons to the Brazil 1-7 Germany in the World Cup, you felt their good stars were past it, and just needed it confirming, but got embarrassed.

I look at Barca and scratch my head though, the money they've ploughed into signings which are baffling or just not the right mould. In the last 4-5 seasons heres a couple of examples....

Dembele £125m
Paulinho £35m
Semedo £33m
Malcom £32m
Llenglet £29m
Neto £25m
Griezmann £108m
Coutinho £130m

Whats that £600m, and none of it's worked. Worst of all that is Malcom, Coutinho, Gomes, Alcacer, Aleix Vidal have all been moved on and they're all signed for £30m+ abysmal recruitment. So lucky they've had a golden generation pass through the same time as Messi came through. That today is abysmal.
Jesus Christ, those Neto and Paulinho fees are a joke lol

Koeman and Barcelona. Ha Ha Ha.

Yeah, like they're looking for someone to hammer the nails in the coffin.

Martinez must be high on Barca's list...certainly higher than Koemageddon.
I do recall quite a few commentators at the time of his appointment to us saying the reason he delayed putting pen to paper was his arrogant belief Barca would steal him from us.
Oh I wish the had.

I do recall quite a few commentators at the time of his appointment to us saying the reason he delayed putting pen to paper was his arrogant belief Barca would steal him from us.
Oh I wish the had.
Arsenal and Barcelona were 'looking to appoint Koeman'. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

If I was Barca, cash in Messi.

It's the best scenerio get £100/£150m, bring in Poch, give him that squad and you'll see a better Barca.

Messi is Barcelona but he has too much say in the running of the club.
Poch would'nt get that money though, not really the way Barca works. Problem with Barca is that Abidal the current Sporting Director is mates with Messi and near enough all of Abidals buy's have been flops, there is already talk he is going to get the boot. They need an experienced person, someone who is not afraid to go up to Messi and tell him "Im in charge, not you" They have an aging squad with a few talented young players on the fringes, need to wipe the slate clean and start again from scratch as the "era" looks over imo. Would'nt be surprised if someone like Bielsa ends up there.

Last night wasn't the end for Barcelona, it's been the end for a long time, one incident summed it up for me that they'd started on an irreversible decline and it was way before last night's game. I'm referring back a year ago to that infamous night at the pit when late on with the game in the balance, Barca's players stood around and acted like schoolkids at a corner, not even looking or vaguely aware it could be taken quickly. Schoolkids are always told to pay attention and be ready for what could happen, Barca weren't even looking and definitely not ready for a corner. Alexander-Arnold's quickly-taken corner kick reached Origi, who smashed it beyond ter Stegen while the Barca players seemingly just stood and clapped.

Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique and Co. were left stunned. Apologies were issued to their fans and they admitted that the fourth goal made Barca look like a team of children. This isn't a Barca side just on the slide, but one that's virtually finished all the sliding it'll ever do and reached absolutely rock bottom.

Last night wasn't the end for Barcelona, it's been the end for a long time, one incident summed it up for me that they'd started on an irreversible decline and it was way before last night's game. I'm referring back a year ago to that infamous night at the pit when late on with the game in the balance, Barca's players stood around and acted like schoolkids at a corner, not even looking or vaguely aware it could be taken quickly. Schoolkids are always told to pay attention and be ready for what could happen, Barca weren't even looking and definitely not ready for a corner. Alexander-Arnold's quickly-taken corner kick reached Origi, who smashed it beyond ter Stegen while the Barca players seemingly just stood and clapped.

Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique and Co. were left stunned. Apologies were issued to their fans and they admitted that the fourth goal made Barca look like a team of children. This isn't a Barca side just on the slide, but one that's virtually finished all the sliding it'll ever do and reached absolutely rock bottom.

I think there’s a way to go yet - if Bartomeu remains in charge. Appoint the wrong man again (hi Ronald) and the bad way they ended the season could easily continue into next. No CL could easily happen, followed by no Messi.

Good points well made, but that Spanish pundit guy Guiallme or whatever it is, reminded all last night about the way the Barca players just smiled and shrugged shoulders when their player lazily missed a sitter at Nou Camp right at the end of the game to make it 4-0. Even the Big Red wouldn't have scored five that famous night.

Poch would'nt get that money though, not really the way Barca works. Problem with Barca is that Abidal the current Sporting Director is mates with Messi and near enough all of Abidals buy's have been flops, there is already talk he is going to get the boot. They need an experienced person, someone who is not afraid to go up to Messi and tell him "Im in charge, not you" They have an aging squad with a few talented young players on the fringes, need to wipe the slate clean and start again from scratch as the "era" looks over imo. Would'nt be surprised if someone like Bielsa ends up there.

Great shout on Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back