Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has said that, yeah. I can see him sticking it out. I bet he has his eye on the Atletico job.

he’s also backtracked on those words in the last few weeks. What spurs fans consider a quite decent ITK seems to think that Poch to Barca was confirmed a few weeks ago and was just waiting for the CL exit before he was confirmed. Time will tell I suppose.

Messi is still the most talented player on the planet by a margin but I think his work rate off the ball might be becoming a problem for the overall team. I think it might be best for both club and player if they go their separate ways.
Barcelona could have a fresh start under a new manager like Poch who works best with young and hungry players. Messi could go to PSG or City

he’s also backtracked on those words in the last few weeks. What spurs fans consider a quite decent ITK seems to think that Poch to Barca was confirmed a few weeks ago and was just waiting for the CL exit before he was confirmed. Time will tell I suppose.
Interesting.

Didn’t Poch once say he’d never manage Barca due to his Espanyol connections?

I seem to remember Adrian The Gibbon Durham having a go at him for it

When asked about rumours at the time linking him with a move to the Nou Camp, Pochettino said: "But I am an Espanyol supporter. I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal.

"In football I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart and emotion. But for me before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important.

"I am an Espanyol fan. I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible."

He went even further a year later, claiming he would rather work on a farm than manage Barca.

"I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal because I am so identified with Tottenham and Espanyol,” Pochettino told reporters. “I grew up in Newell's Old Boys and will never manage Rosario Central.

"That is my decision because I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places. But my commitment is massive in this club. I am working like I am going to be here forever."

But.

However, crucially he recently appears to have had a change of heart, perhaps due to the fact that Espanyol have been relegated to the Segunda Division and thus would not be in direct competition with Barcelona next season.

When asked about his previous comments about the job by Spanish outlet El Pais earlier this month, he said: "You have to explain it properly. Things can be said in a different way. Espanyol have helped me become well known.

"But I'm not arrogant and I didn't like making a comment like that. Maybe now I wouldn't say that as you never know what can happen in life."

Pep just can't help himself. Every big game he has to do something extravagant. They'll probably win as they're well better than Lyon but I think it is more open to an upset than if they just played their usual 4-3-3 and beat the crap out of them as they usually do to lesser teams.

Can't wait, will be a fantastic match, think this has much more competitive feeling than yesternight's disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back