Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
...well, this City at this point in time at least.

City have been impregnable for most of the last two seasons.

But, yes, Liverpool are formidable and will probably have their first ever PL title this season if they keep this up.

Even last season Dave, and though Man City won the league you always felt there was a cock - up in them, whereas the RS looked like winning every game.

Having had a few hours to reflect on Liverpool's title win of 2019/20, there is a small part of me that is actually grateful for today's result.

I've looked back upon this year, and if I really focus, it's crystal clear that I have been more of a City fan than an Everton fan in 2019. And I am ashamed of myself for it.

I watch City more these days, and I've been far more transfixed by their results, willing them to win every point going. And for what? Just to avoid a slightly higher degree of contempt from the RS that plague every school, college, uni, workplace, office building, oil rig, factory and spaceship around?

They're unbearable and outnumber us about 20:1 on Merseyside anyway, so what difference is a title going to make? Frankly, after today's debacle, City don't deserve the title, let alone our on/off support. Screw them. Let's win tomorrow and go third, and level on points with City.

Then let's beat Sheff Utd, and hope Liverpool lose/draw at Chels. If we're only 2/3 pts behind them going into the final weekend of September are we not title contenders?

So that's it. I'm banning myself from watching City for the rest of the season unless they're playing us'uns. I'm not a City fan and their football, when you really watch it is clucking boring. It's just pass pass pass pass pass bloody pass and it kills the game dead. They are an abomination against football, and just happened to stop our worst enemies winning the title twice.

They have literally no other redeeming features. Sterling is a meff who is going to bottle Euro 2020 the minute we play anything other than a tin-pot microstate, ditto Walker, De Bruyne will be at Real this time next year, Aguero and Pep is a soap opera in the making, Don't even get me started on Otamendi and Stones, they aren't fit to lick Kompany's boots.

And for the record, with City's title hopes gone, I hope we pound them and (assuming "WW" from the last two) go three points clear of them, just to spite the RS saying we surrender to City on purpose.

I support Everton. Not Manchester City.

Went to Guiseley v Hereford today, decent game, excellent beer in the clubhouse and town pubs.Nothing but grief since I got home, should have stayed there.

Weird, I'm on holiday in Monmouthshire/Shropshire atm and we were going through Hereford thinking we could go and watch them, so checked who they playing and realised they were away in yorks.

Even last season Dave, and though Man City won the league you always felt there was a cock - up in them, whereas the RS looked like winning every game.
Yeah, they scraped home on games; then again, so did Liverpool last season.

Liverpool (at least right now) seem the one's with greater resilience. But it is VERY early, and the Kopite boom-bust cycle is notoriously consistent over 30 years.

Wasn't willing City to lose but wanting Norwich to win
They played very well, what with all their injuries and took advantage of City being below par and Guardiola not bringing on KDB sooner.
It's 5 games in, rs will run out of puff eventually , since the title can't be won in September can't we enjoy Norwich sticking it to a team that cost £1bn.
Apologies if it offends anyone but I enjoyed the game.
Grabs tin hat and heads for a bunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back