Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This baby mama drama has destroyed John Stones as a top-level footballer.

Stones is a joke, not just as a player but as a person. He can't even take a little tabloid sketch on the chin.

Compare his private life to the incomparable hell Billy Sharp went through a few years ago while in the lower leagues at Soton. Now, albeit in his twilight, he is a PL striker, having goosed nets and put in shift after shift to get here.

Doncaster-Rovers-V-Middlesbrough-01-Nov-2011.jpg

Massive respect

Stones is a joke, not just as a player but as a person. He can't even take a little tabloid sketch on the chin.

Compare his private life to the incomparable hell Billy Sharp went through a few years ago while in the lower leagues at Soton. Now, albeit in his twilight, he is a PL striker, having goosed nets and put in shift after shift to get here.

Doncaster-Rovers-V-Middlesbrough-01-Nov-2011.jpg

Massive respect
All this baby mama drama was brought upon by himself....no one else.

Wasn't willing City to lose but wanting Norwich to win
They played very well, what with all their injuries and took advantage of City being below par and Guardiola not bringing on KDB sooner.
It's 5 games in, rs will run out of puff eventually , since the title can't be won in September can't we enjoy Norwich sticking it to a team that cost £1bn.
Apologies if it offends anyone but I enjoyed the game.
Grabs tin hat and heads for a bunker
I see no evidence after the early couple of injury-strewn seasons under Herr Klopp. Must have the training +/- 'supplements' well organised.

I can see watford doing us a favour, licking our bum and telling us the flavour.. but seriously can see new manager bounce take effect against Arsenal.

I know Pep was interested in Maguire before the price went through the roof but this is a crisis he could have avoided when electing not to replace Kompany. He's stuck now with Captain Chaos and his cousin at the back at least until the January window. If he didn't fancy Maguire at such a price get someone else.

Reminds me of his error prone first season when he signed Clownio Bravo as his long term answer to ditching Joe Hart until he grudgingly realised he couldn't go on with him and got Edison after finishing well off Chelsea and the top few.

Even United's defence is looking far better than City's with those two at the centre.

I know Pep was interested in Maguire before the price went through the roof but this is a crisis he could have avoided when electing not to replace Kompany. He's stuck now with Captain Chaos and his cousin at the back at least until the January window. If he didn't fancy Maguire at such a price get someone else.

Reminds me of his error prone first season when he signed Clownio Bravo as his long term answer to ditching Joe Hart until he grudgingly realised he couldn't go on with him and got Edison after finishing well off Chelsea and the top few.

Even United's defence is looking far better than City's with those two at the centre.

They took the risk like we did by not finding a replacement for Zouma. We are one injury away from defence disaster but you would think city and pep would have had someone lined up rather then Maguire.

They took the risk like we did by not finding a replacement for Zouma. We are one injury away from defence disaster but you would think city and pep would have had someone lined up rather then Maguire.

Agreed although with City it's even worse, virtually everyone would want Pep as manager and they'd be joining the champions who had just retained their title with money for wages pretty much no object.

They could have had their choice from a whole queue of defenders eagerly lining up and anxious to sign on the dotted line.

For them or rather Guardiola to do absolutely nothing was a level or two worse than us with their choice of riches. Sitting on his hands and trusting the accident waiting to happen, John Stones, to cover was criminal negligence on Pep's part.

Well Gray monk strike's 1st in the tail of the 2 new bosses [3],free header in 6 yard box for sheff wed at Huddersfield

Last edited:
Does anybody know why the Paraguayan international Almiron, who Newcastle signed for a record fee from an average MLS team, has struggled to make an impact in the Premier League?
Any ideas anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back