Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm.....

We certainly have bitters in our fanbase - you must have missed the carry on over Koemans Christmas tree.

I couldnt give a toss what colour it was likewise I dont care if Rodgers or Benitez were manager providing they did a good job.

You can hate the Kopites without having to pump your Blue chest out over everything when it comes to them/ex players and managers.

Ive said it before I never care about a managers personality - Im critical of ours being dour but if he was actually good at his job I wouldnt give a damn if he was glum all the time.

Too many of our fans have an emotional connection with the manager (hence never entertaining the likes of Benitez or Rodgers) when in reality we cheer the 11 lads on the pitch every week - I just want the bloke coaching them to be doing his job I dont care of his past allegiances or personality.

Moyes was a dour git but he got the job done in most instances.
In terms of managerial allegiance, probably poles apart on that one. We do badly under an ex kopite manager and I know how that goes. Bad enough for the Derby record tbh.

Moyes never got the job done. That's how he didn't win anything. The job done is a trophy, a good manager for us during that time but that is less a testimony to how good he was, more badly run we were to have him do so well.

I made a point about allardyce last week but in a general sense. Doesn't matter who is our manager if they are winning trophies. Could be Gerrard even in the dugout but he wins us a cup or two, fans will soon forget his roots.

Vardy must be one of the most under rated players of the last 5 years in the league.

He had plaudits when he won the league but compare his praise to Kane's for arguments sake? Vardy has been class and loyal as well. A rare thing these days
Retired from England to prolong his money making Leicester career.

Really smart move.

We certainly have bitters in our fanbase - you must have missed the carry on over Koemans Christmas tree.

I couldnt give a toss what colour it was likewise I dont care if Rodgers or Benitez were manager providing they did a good job.

You can hate the Kopites without having to pump your Blue chest out over everything when it comes to them/ex players and managers.
The Christmas tree is embarrassing but that's what happens when you give plant pots a voice on social media, I don't want any RS manager/players because they're our rivals simple as.
You're either Blue or Red you choose 1 path and don't get to cross over at any time.

Annoyingly good manager.

I want to make it very clear. You can hate the Kopites because everything about them
Is the worst of humanity and that’s it. Every single one of them, including my close friends and family who are Kopites, are the actual worst and I am a lesser person for having them around.

The Christmas tree is embarrassing but that's what happens when you give plant pots a voice on social media, I don't want any RS manager/players because they're our rivals simple as.
You're either Blue or Red you choose 1 path and don't get to cross over at any time.

So if you were sat in the away end now 5 nil up against Southampton knowing we were sat 2nd in the table you would be more bothered that the manager once managed Liverpool?

Or if we Signed Suarez and he scored 25 goals you wouldnt celebrate because he once played for them?

As I said there comes a point when it becomes bitter for bitter sake.

Im more arsed that they are dominating at present whilst we languish bottom half than the thought of one day hiring an ex manager of theirs but maybe im the odd one I dont know with half our fans anymore we seem to just bask in mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back