Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules quoted are the rules and the refs interpret them the correct way no matter what you or I say. What he did was correct.

I couldn’t care less about Chelsea or Ajax I just find you getting sassy over a team you have zero connection with to be very strange indeed.

I'll make sure I get your clearance before I care about something next time. Wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

A lot of people have used how Liverpool would have handled such a situation as the Son/Gomes one as a comparison to how we’ve handled it, but for me a more telling comparison would be how would Alex Ferguson have handled it. You can guarantee he would have slaughtered Son in the post match press conference and would have used the situation to call for (and probably get) much better protection and treatment of his players from officials.

Instead our own reaction as well as the general media reaction has astounded me. On the totally football show podcast a contributor said that for Son and Aurier it must have been as traumatising as witnessing a car crash. How about the poor sods actually in the car? The poor sods driving along who then get rammed into by a careless driver. That’s where the sympathy should be. This situation just proves that the media don’t really have an agenda against us- they just don’t care one iota about us.
As the lad on GOTTV said in the video from earlier, if you punch someone and they fall and hit their head you don't get off because the fall hurt them more and no one would feel sympathy if you were uneasy about seeing blood everywhere. It's absolutely ridiculous how this has been handled and we've been far from forceful enough in our official club comments about it.

I'll make sure I get your clearance before I care about something next time. Wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

As the lad on GOTTV said in the video from earlier, if you punch someone and they fall and hit their head you don't get off because the fall hurt them more and no one would feel sympathy if you were uneasy about seeing blood everywhere. It's absolutely ridiculous how this has been handled and we've been far from forceful enough in our official club comments about it.

Don’t have to get so menstrual about it. It’s only football.

Football is becoming more and more a contest of surviving the referee. It's infuriating to me.

It's dog muck.

Seriously, the 'game' died a death many years ago. Just corporate sponsorship vehicles now.

Watching a bit of the City game and the amount of players throwing themselves around on the floor and instigating fouls.

And when someone does get absolutely broken like on Sunday, the sympathy goes to the instigator.

Get in the bin soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back