Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the lad on GOTTV said in the video from earlier, if you punch someone and they fall and hit their head you don't get off because the fall hurt them more and no one would feel sympathy if you were uneasy about seeing blood everywhere. It's absolutely ridiculous how this has been handled and we've been far from forceful enough in our official club comments about it.
But you may get a lesser punishment if the jury believe that the resulting injury was not intentional and/or such action was unlikely to cause said injury.

That’s why we have manslaughter and murder or death by careless driving, dangerous driving or a similar offence. Section 20 assault versus an 18.

The issue here is how Spurs have handled it and the fact that he now can’t receive a yellow, which as I’ve mentioned early would be the correct punishment.

But you may get a lesser punishment if the jury believe that the resulting injury was not intentional and/or such action was unlikely to cause said injury.

That’s why we have manslaughter and murder or death by careless driving, dangerous driving or a similar offence. Section 20 assault versus an 18.

The issue here is how Spurs have handled it and the fact that he now can’t receive a yellow, which as I’ve mentioned early would be the correct punishment.
I get all that but if you intentionally do something illegal (Son intentionally fouled Andre) then you don't get to claim well I didn't mean to hurt him that bad when he gets hurt worse than you intended.

It's dog muck.

Seriously, the 'game' died a death many years ago. Just corporate sponsorship vehicles now.

Watching a bit of the City game and the amount of players throwing themselves around on the floor and instigating fouls.

And when someone does get absolutely broken like on Sunday, the sympathy goes to the instigator.

Get in the bin soccer.

I think the problem is you calling it soccer mate.

Its footy.

I get all that but if you intentionally do something illegal (Son intentionally fouled Andre) then you don't get to claim well I didn't mean to hurt him that bad when he gets hurt worse than you intended.
Yes you do, that’s the point. Punching someone intentionally is an offence unless you are acting in self-defence of yourself or others, or another reason.

If you intentionally hit them but without intent to cause serious harm and they then die, you do get to claim just that - hence manslaughter not murder.

If you’re driving a car, indicate and pull out but then a bike crashes into you and you kill them (death by careless), you’d claim just that.

It’s called mens rea, mitigation and culpability amongst many, many other terms.

Yes you do, that’s the point. Punching someone intentionally is an offence unless you are acting in self-defence of yourself or others, or another reason.

If you intentionally hit them but without intent to cause serious harm and they then die, you do get to claim just that - hence manslaughter not murder.

If you’re driving a car, indicate and pull out but then a bike crashes into you and you kill them (death by careless), you’d claim just that.

It’s called mens rea, mitigation and culpability amongst many, many other terms.
You still go to prison for Manslaughter. Son is walking free of suspension and being called a great guy because he looked upset.

You still go to prison for Manslaughter. Son is walking free of suspension and being called a great guy because he looked upset.
That’s the flaws of the rules unfortunately, which meant that the rescinded red ensures he can’t have the correct punishment of a yellow card.

In the careless driving example, you’d quite possibly not get a custodial, even though a person has died. The point is different actions warrant different punishments.

There is something deeply cynical about the behaviour of Spurs since this incident.

The media have been played like a fiddle with Gomes merely an aside.

A very satisfactory 24 hours for Spurs with their inconsolable player having his ban overturned and two goals tonight.

Speaks well of their in-house psychological and counselling services.

Leaves a bitter aftertaste.

nfenntzu00x31.gif

That’s the flaws of the rules unfortunately, which meant that the rescinded red ensures he can’t have the correct punishment of a yellow card.

In the careless driving example, you’d quite possibly not get a custodial, even though a person has died. The point is different actions warrant different punishments.
On a football pitch if you foul someone and it ends in a leg break you deserve a red card. Swerve all this real world mess. I don't have that as an Everton only viewpoint. If you put in a "tackle" that is really more of a deliberate attempt to hit the opponent as he has you've crossed the line of being able to get the benefit of the doubt. You are responsible for the injury even if you didn't mean for it to be quite that severe because you weren't playing football in a fair way.

So, the moral of the story is, if you chop an opponent down and want to avoid a red card, then you should immediately go into full remorse mode, produce tears, gather a bigger sympathetic crowd around you than the player on the floor, oh and be sure to play for a big money/profile club.

This will be the view now, considering the diabolical inconsistencies of rule interpretation. The waters have got very muddy indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back