Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Rangers and Celtic beat these teams? I guarantee we would get our arses handed to us and yet 2 pub sides can get results. Unbelievable.

to be fair both clubs have been embarrassed in Europe plenty of times, it's just they get more goes at it because they play in a bumblesquat league. I'm sure if we went into Europe every season we'd have the odd decentish run like we did under Moyes one time.

Scottish Football putting a flag in the ground so far tonight!

Agreed it's good to see them both doing so well in Europe's second tier competition and a pleasant change after so much heartache in recent years.

Tbh with Chelsea the holders in the higher competition and runners up Arsenal struggling badly domestically, although not at all in the Europa, the standard of the Europa league and European club football generally isn't great.

Hopefully both now should (or have in Celtic's case) progress.

Man United, as dreadful domestically as they are, are still having little problem in the weaker environment of Europa League qualifying.

A weakened Arsenal team full of kids is certain to progress - even if at full strength they're still awful and Wolves are qualifying too, even though its been donkey's years since they were last in Europe

It seems no matter how poor you are domestically, the European competition is just weak enough to allow them a big boost and a stroll through.

Even in the Champions league, Spurs who once looked out have now a wonderful chance of joining City and Liverpool with Chelsea also looking to make it a full house.

European football must be in one hell of a state if some, or every single team, of our lot are progressing no bother.

Just a horrible thought but Liverpool could well be in the running for a Champions league domestic league double.

Last edited:

Maybe the green brigade should make a start by not inciting visiting teams supporters with inflammatory banners.

This was in a pub where no one was bothering anyone mate

The Italians rocked up and threw a chair for no other reason than wanting to start a brawl

There is no excuse for it, regardless of any banners that were up in the last game

Perhaps actually look into the story before trivialising a crime next time eh?

Last edited:
This was in a pub where no one was bothering anyone mate

The Italians rocked up and threw a chair for no other reason than wanting to start a brawl

Perhaps actually look into the story before trivialising a crime next time eh?
Not trivialising any cowardly attacks. Celtic fans were warned to be aware of attacks after the first match at Parkhead. What I’m saying is why incite these with stupid banners as innocent people will be the victims.

If I actually knew how to post gifs, I would be posting a certain gif of Steve Carrell in an office....

Bad knows this for us. But can't knock anyone for agreeing to treble their salary.

But come on..... it's Stoke???!!!

Quite like O'Neill so hope I'm proven wrong but this has 10 months and sacked written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back