Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not going to get better. They have stumbled across Mane and Salah and they are late twenties. Their football depends on desire and hard running, and no matter how much teams say their levels don't drop, if they win the league this year they won't have the same desire next season, and teams will want to beat them more, and City will make more signings. This is as good as it will get for them.
You can laugh all you want, but Chelsea scored over 100 points to win the league and looked unbeatable. The next season they didn't make the Top 4.

My sentiments exactly - premier league football is up and down. Most Kopites are drawing parallels with Fergies utd - not a chance.
Fergie's Utd had 5 or 6 outstanding players in their position who were all young, playing for one of the world's biggest and richest clubs who could pay them enough to stop them leaving (and Phil Neville). Liverpool have maybe 1 or 2 players in that category, plus a few hired mercenaries and some hard working midfielders who are nothing special.

Fergie's Utd had 5 or 6 outstanding players in their position who were all young, playing for one of the world's biggest and richest clubs who could pay them enough to stop them leaving (and Phil Neville). Liverpool have maybe 1 or 2 players in that category, plus a few hired mercenaries and some hard working midfielders who are nothing special.
Can't see them even emulating Wenger's late 90's team - City will spend again - parity will be restored quicky

One thing that's come out of today is the exceptionally high bar for a hand ball. Unless you're going to do a Maradona into the back of the net, it would appear all is fair. Slightly concerned this new rule change may only apply to those wearing red at Anfield but we shall see.
To be fair, not many penalties given for handball this season that I can remember.

So if it City had scored they'd ruled it out because it flicked up and hit Silvas arm but it's ok for Alexander Arnold to have his arm wider and block the ball which could have gone through to Sterling, they gained possession then scored. It's a stupid rule
Handballs are quite similar to fouls. Certain fouls are awarded in the defensive areas, that would never get looked at in the attacking/penalty areas.

That Champions League Final (which I was one of the few wise ones on here that didn’t watch one minute of it) was a game changers for both Spurs and the RS. One team has nosedived since, the other has gone on to another level.

Had the RS lost that game (and by all accounts Spurs were the better team) that would have finished them. No way was that group of players coming back from that. Defeat would have destroyed them. On the other side, Spurs, being a Champions League winning club, would be flying now.

Not just for being the biggest prize in the game, that one game was mammoth for the direction of both clubs.

You do remember that they lost the 2018 final? Didn't exactly destroy them did it seen as they just went and won it last season. Looks like the same with the league.

Well they lost one life long football fan today at least. Because I will longer pay a penny towards the game. Its dead to me, its not a sport, its a drama show. I will follow the blues though this place but come seasons end that's all I'll be doing, after 25 years as a season ticket holder I have zero interest in renewing for next year and I suspect that I'm not alone. The desecrated corpse of football may continue to make sky money and idiots may pretend that its still a legit sport but its dead as far as I'm concerned. Sky can take their soap opera and shove it up their arse.
I too have chosen not to ‘feed the beast’ and largely follow things football via this fine site.
The game is rotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back