Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said on here many times I KNOW of one who is bent.
I even wrote to the managers of clubs involved in his decisions. They got back and said they also knew.
wdyb.gif

That Champions League Final (which I was one of the few wise ones on here that didn’t watch one minute of it) was a game changers for both Spurs and the RS. One team has nosedived since, the other has gone on to another level.

Had the RS lost that game (and by all accounts Spurs were the better team) that would have finished them. No way was that group of players coming back from that. Defeat would have destroyed them. On the other side, Spurs, being a Champions League winning club, would be flying now.

Not just for being the biggest prize in the game, that one game was mammoth for the direction of both clubs.
Times by ten if they'd have lost the Istanbul final.
That was when I learned never to expect anything bad to happen to them. Lose that game and their best player would have left, the club would have ended up like Rangers.

Refs in the premier league earn £70k a year. A weeks wages for a squad player would be enough to change their entire lives.

If anyone thinks that with the billions of pounds floating around in the premier league, that these lads can’t be bought off then they’re either thick or naive.

They hold the future of billions of pounds in their hands every single week and they get paid a pittance in comparison , and they are getting it wrong every single week despite being able to refer back to video replays.

The referees are match fixing and the money is trickling down from the FA who want to control viewing figures , sponsorships etc. VAR has made it more obvious than its ever been.
4f8.webp

Defense is too weak. Shouldn't have played a strong line up away at Atalanta, they were practically through anyway, it wasn't needed. They lost Ederson because of that.

Football far from died today.... It made millions, maybe billions for the 'sport'... Great day for the Premier league bosses, great day for all the owners of Premier league clubs, great day for the Media...

Fans will shout and moan, then they'll continue to go and support their teams, and hand over their hard earned money... Liverpool fans will be unbearable, claiming they have won this league fairly... Sky will quickly brush the controversy of today under the rug...
Well they lost one life long football fan today at least. Because I will longer pay a penny towards the game. Its dead to me, its not a sport, its a drama show. I will follow the blues though this place but come seasons end that's all I'll be doing, after 25 years as a season ticket holder I have zero interest in renewing for next year and I suspect that I'm not alone. The desecrated corpse of football may continue to make sky money and idiots may pretend that its still a legit sport but its dead as far as I'm concerned. Sky can take their soap opera and shove it up their arse.

Well they lost one life long football fan today at least. Because I will longer pay a penny towards the game. Its dead to me, its not a sport, its a drama show. I will follow the blues though this place but come seasons end that's all I'll be doing, after 25 years as a season ticket holder I have zero interest in renewing for next year and I suspect that I'm not alone. The desecrated corpse of football may continue to make sky money and idiots may pretend that its still a legit sport but its dead as far as I'm concerned. Sky can take their soap opera and shove it up their arse.

I stopped years ago. Cancelled TV too.

Feels weird at first but seriously, you do not miss it. You feel better too.

Shame, but SKY have destroyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back