Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refs in the premier league earn £70k a year. A weeks wages for a squad player would be enough to change their entire lives.

If anyone thinks that with the billions of pounds floating around in the premier league, that these lads can’t be bought off then they’re either thick or naive.

They hold the future of billions of pounds in their hands every single week and they get paid a pittance in comparison , and they are getting it wrong every single week despite being able to refer back to video replays.

The referees are match fixing and the money is trickling down from the FA who want to control viewing figures , sponsorships etc. VAR has made it more obvious than its ever been.

The problem is, who is going to take points off this Liverpool team? The players never look tired and the best players never get injured. City on the other hand are a mess defensively and they will lose more away games.

Every time you think they have reached peak luck something else comes along and tops it. Pep and City can come away from that feeling hard done by but he's a bad bad fart sniffer that man. He's got an abundance of riches, a squad worth hundreds and hundreds of millions and somehow he fields a back five of Bravo, Walker, Stones, Fernandinho and Angelino. I'd fancy DCL to terrorise that.

For me it's a clear handball from Arnold but I don't know the rules anymore (does anybody?) seeing as it did hit Bernardo on the arm first. Salah was about a yard onside. Like I said yesterday, Pepe is one of the very best in the world but his arrogance has cost him ever since Messi and the two best midfielders in a generation toom him to a CL win. Not replacing Kompany was a bold move.

Refs in the premier league earn £70k a year. A weeks wages for a squad player would be enough to change their entire lives.

If anyone thinks that with the billions of pounds floating around in the premier league, that these lads can’t be bought off then they’re either thick or naive.

They hold the future of billions of pounds in their hands every single week and they get paid a pittance in comparison , and they are getting it wrong every single week despite being able to refer back to video replays.

The referees are match fixing and the money is trickling down from the FA who want to control viewing figures , sponsorships etc. VAR has made it more obvious than its ever been.
I've said on here many times I KNOW of one who is bent.
I even wrote to the managers of clubs involved in his decisions. They got back and said they also knew.

One was a defensive handball, the other one was an offensive handball. Plus, not to mention, one of the handballs was caused by a handball of the receiving player.

So if it City had scored they'd ruled it out because it flicked up and hit Silvas arm but it's ok for Alexander Arnold to have his arm wider and block the ball which could have gone through to Sterling, they gained possession then scored. It's a stupid rule

One of the very many things that makes their fans stand out so often is that they’ve never ever had a decision go for them unfairly according to them. The refs are all against them, and they win in spite of them. Unreal.

They played well City, probably can consider themselves unlucky...but doesn't cover the fact their defence is mid-table standard. Long way to go but Liverpool are a far better organised team without the glaring weaknesses that afflict City at the back.

Their defence is definitely inspired by the clown behind them

Pep is in a world of his own as noone but him thinks Bravo is even average

Tbh I don't seriously think he does either but has to encourage him without another reserve keeper, surely one of the tea ladies would be a better bet.

niasse was the first and i think last, player to be banned for diving. we were the first and last team to have a var pen against us, we must a the guinea pig for the f.a.

I've said on here many times I KNOW of one who is bent.
I even wrote to the managers of clubs involved in his decisions. They got back and said they also knew.

I would be bent if I was a premier league ref too tbh. Kicking about on £70k a year being called a nobhead by 21 year old lads on £300k a week for a job, like you would just take that for the love of the game when someone’s offering you a 10x your annual wage as a bung for passing a few tight decisions one way or the other.

There has always been plausible deniability but VAR has blown it wide open

That Champions League Final (which I was one of the few wise ones on here that didn’t watch one minute of it) was a game changers for both Spurs and the RS. One team has nosedived since, the other has gone on to another level.

Had the RS lost that game (and by all accounts Spurs were the better team) that would have finished them. No way was that group of players coming back from that. Defeat would have destroyed them. On the other side, Spurs, being a Champions League winning club, would be flying now.

Not just for being the biggest prize in the game, that one game was mammoth for the direction of both clubs.

Another game decided by corrupt officials and the useless, twisted VAR. RIP football, you had a good run.

Football far from died today.... It made millions, maybe billions for the 'sport'... Great day for the Premier league bosses, great day for all the owners of Premier league clubs, great day for the Media...

Fans will shout and moan, then they'll continue to go and support their teams, and hand over their hard earned money... Liverpool fans will be unbearable, claiming they have won this league fairly... Sky will quickly brush the controversy of today under the rug...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back