Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think that should be the case. Any part of the body offside = offside. No ambiguity.

I don't think any fan would be bothered if a player scored and their toenail was slightly Infront.

The fact we can now beg for video replays to pray a goal is denied on mm in open play loses something for me

Again though, you just introduce ambiguity that way. Who determines 'clear and obvious'?

Just have the rule that if a body part is offside, then they're offside. That way it's a crystal clear rule.

It's like a ball knicking a bat in cricket. It doesn't matter that he hasn't thumped it and been caught; the point is it touched the bat, so he's out.
True, but they aren’t implementing VAR how they promised. This wasn’t a clear and obvious error, especially as some people still think it’s onside. So by the letter of the law they introduced, it’s not offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back