Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter. The rules are the rules. Change the rule if you don't like it but there is no way to do it where people won't argue that you should just ignore it if it's only broken by a little bit so what's the point?

If football was run to every single existing rule every single game it would be beyond boring, tedious and very NFL.
I don't think anyone's saying the rules should be changed, I think people are saying using a microscope to evaluate every single decision for minutes on end is not what football has ever been about

It doesn't matter. The rules are the rules. Change the rule if you don't like it but there is no way to do it where people won't argue that you should just ignore it if it's only broken by a little bit so what's the point?

So you agree you're off side if your nose is in front of a defender?

It's a clearly defined rule. All the ball over the line means a goal.

A player does not gain an advantage for fraction of a second where their nose is ahead of the last defender
It's also a clearly defined rule. If a part of the attacker he can score with is ahead of a part of the defender that he can score with the player is offside. There's no wiggle room either.

Very much not the spirit of football judging offsides by a mm of a shoulder.
All in favour of overturning obvious mistakes but breaking things down to the nth degree isn't football
Won't be long before it's down to the 'viewers decision'. Press the red button now.

I think we’re missing the point here. It doesn’t matter if it was offside or not. Was it a “CLEAR and OBVIOUS mistake”? No. It wasn’t. No one in the ground including any of the refs thought it was, and no one even appealed. Not a clear and obvious mistake. Shouldn’t be disallowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back