Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say playing like Leciester, but the circumstances where there all the other top teams are nowhere to be seen its pretty similar!

Half agree with this, but you still have to have your house in order and be in a position to capitalise. You think when (if) we’re going to get top 4/win things it’s going to happen if all the other top sides are on form? I doubt it. We just need to be in a position to strike. Really that should have been this season.

City have had too many injuries and too many decisions against them. Liverpool have had a perfect run of ridiculous decisions and injury few. League has been set up for them from day one this season.

They are currently the best team in the world.

Once you accept it, you can move on.
Think you are spot on. Said it on here yesterday in regards to Son’s performance at Goodison last season, I would have had no qualms in standing up and applauding him that day (if others around me had done so too...would have looked a tad odd doing it alone). Always felt that way whenever any player/opponent produces moments of sheer class. At the end of the day it’s about appreciating the greatness of the sport, regardless of who is performing it. That same appreciation was there with watching them yesterday live (with cousins from Texas who are reds) for the first time since the 2nd leg CL semi-final (a game I only watched as I thought the tie was all but over). They were imperious. Quality all over the park, with the Scouse playmaker at right back on another level.

They look world class in every department.

Think you are spot on. Said it on here yesterday in regards to Son’s performance at Goodison last season, I would have had no qualms in standing up and applauding him that day (if others around me had done so too...would have looked a tad odd doing it alone). Always felt that way whenever any player/opponent produces moments of sheer class. At the end of the day it’s about appreciating the greatness of the sport, regardless of who is performing it. That same appreciation was there with watching them yesterday live (with cousins from Texas who are reds) for the first time since the 2nd leg CL semi-final (a game I only watched as I thought the tie was all but over). They were imperious. Quality all over the park, with the Scouse playmaker at right back on another level.

They look world class in every department.

Their mentality to win so many close games this season is exceptional. When you look at Arsenal´s unbeaten season they had quite a lot of draws. This lot have only dropped points once. I expect they´ll settle for a few more draws in the second half of the season because the title is pretty much wrapped up now.

There are none to stop the rs apart from city.
That’s rubbish. There’s none that are definitely better than them, but there are plenty that can trouble them over two legs.

The failed to beat Napoli and while we know Carlo is a great manager, that team isn’t brilliant - European football is way different and they could be beat by a decent number of teams.

Can’t see it being Atletico, but they’re not nailed on to walk it. Not by a long shot.

That’s rubbish. There’s none that are definitely better than them, but there are plenty that can trouble them over two legs.

The failed to beat Napoli and while we know Carlo is a great manager, that team isn’t brilliant - European football is way different and they could be beat by a decent number of teams.

Can’t see it being Atletico, but they’re not nailed on to walk it. Not by a long shot.
They got beat a few time in it last season I remember but still won it, bye the bye it's an opinion.

I wouldn't say playing like Leciester, but the circumstances where there all the other top teams are nowhere to be seen its pretty similar!
They are also the champions of Europe mate.. Last year all 4 European finalists were English... If the Premier league is [Poor language removed] then according to your logic the whole Europe is [Poor language removed].

Their mentality to win so many close games this season is exceptional. When you look at Arsenal´s unbeaten season they had quite a lot of draws. This lot have only dropped points once. I expect they´ll settle for a few more draws in the second half of the season because the title is pretty much wrapped up now.

it's understandable.
When the team realised what was within sight they started closing games out , no one wanting to make a mistake that stops what was and is still some achievement.
Be a real shame if/when the rs do it, because their journo friends will go out of their way to belittle anyone else doing it,almost like it's never been done before.

With respect, they were the best team in Europe last year, despite them not being the best team in England.

My point isn't that they are bad however, my point is that there are no other challengers to stop them.
Can't see it myself.
They have an incredible will and just keep going . They've had an incredible amount of luck too,but no team has won big titles without a decent chunk of luck.

Arsenal Invincibles were a crap Van Nistleroy penalty from being beaten.
A dodgy Norwegian referee stops Chelsea from ending Guardiola/Barca's amazing haul of trophies.
Guardiola decides not to spend money on defenders in the summer when everyone else knows that's where they are inferior to the rs.
Best to accept that they are winning the because they are really good , better than the rest by a decent sized amount. You'll sleep better.

Liverpool are world champions. Given the job Klopp is doing, only City could have challenged. Even at their best I would fancy the current Liverpool side.

Fair enough, everybody had an off season for Leicester, but Liverpool are, sadly, a class apart at the moment. Leicester were never in that position, and things just fell their way.

Wolves are actually in a race for the top 4 and they were in the championship 2 years ago. They are a football club done right
Agree with that. I've been really impressed with them. The Wolves fans seem happy with how things are going, how couldn't they.

Reactions: ADT
City have had too many injuries and too many decisions against them. Liverpool have had a perfect run of ridiculous decisions and injury few. League has been set up for them from day one this season.

They’ve been very lucky with decisions but then that’s been the case well before VAR. Absolutely no way it’s been set up for them to win, they’re just the best team in a season that lots of other teams are inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back