Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Err you consider them all especially as point 1 is a consideration as well in itself.
This is it for me on this.

There is a part of the rules that says "Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play,violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal." To me that means regardless of anything else that the laws say regarding advantage, it should not be played if the ref deems the foul to be worthy of a red card, straight red or otherwise, unless the attacking team has some kind of clear chance to score (a 1v1 with the goalie or whatever). I know there are other laws about when advantage should be played and how that works but there is this part that is straightforward in saying that you do not do it in this situation.

Now if that is indeed how it should be handled, and I'm really struggling to see why it wouldn't be, the ref in that Chelsea-Ajax match screwed up because he didn't stop the play to send off Blind despite it being far from a clear goal scoring opportunity and as a result created a situation where Ajax were giving away a penalty and down to 9 men instead of conceding a free kick and being on 10.

And for the record I'm a bit fired up about this because I like Ajax, Ajax played very well, and despite making mistakes they lost their lead primarily do to refereeing errors in my opinion. Whether it is the advantage being screwed up and causing two men to get sent off or the handball decision which was also wrong, they got put into a place that had the laws been enforced correctly they wouldn't have been in. They got Everton'd and I kind of wish every football team I like didn't have that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back