Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper thinks he’s won some kind of debating world cup as well, look at the condescending smug tone of his replies. The worst, most unlikable poster we’ve ever had on here by a country mile.

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel with you, mate.

If you take a sarcastic, attacking tone to begin each conversation, you’ll naturally receive a response in kind.

Expect us to win every game. I do not accept we are not capable of beating anyone. It may not be reality but there is no other acceptable mentality

Fair play, mate. Quite a unique way to look at it but I don’t know too many blues, or fans of any club for that matter who expect a clean sweep each year.

I bet the fans were rallying round him due to his record of finishing 4th with Villarreal and beating an Everton team spearheaded by James Beattie in a Champions League qualifier.

They were. They love him there.

Quoting the Daily Mail to evidence a poorly argued point. The very definition of “clutching”.

I bet the fans were rallying round him due to his record of finishing 4th with Villarreal and beating an Everton team spearheaded by James Beattie in a Champions League qualifier.

That defeat is still spoken about to this day

He signed Kaka Ronaldo, Benzema and failed to win a single trophy

Speak to Madrid fans often mate?

Villareal.

And no, not often, but I’ve spoke to Villareal fans before. I don’t know if that would make my point any more or less credible, that I can cite the opinion of 3 or 4 random club supporters.

Villareal.

And no, not often, but I’ve spoke to Villareal fans before. I don’t know if that would make my point any more or less credible, that I can cite the opinion of 3 or 4 random club supporters.

So how do you know they love him, If you've read it link the story

So how do you know they love him, If you've read it link the story

I’m afraid I can’t cite a survey of Villareal fans conducted circa 2009 as to whether or not they approve of Manuel Pellegrini, mate.

But, given the fans I spoke to a few years back had nothing but great things to say about him and that time for their club, when he took over they had finished 8th, 15th and 15th in the seasons prior.

He got them to 3rd and Champions League Football in his 1st season. Then finished 2nd in the La Liga and reached the semi finals of the CL with bloody Villareal in the seasons that followed - I’m guessing most of them think he’s sound.

Anyone with a brain would look at that and go, “Didn’t win a thing - but got VILLAREAL not only to qualify regularly for the Champions League, but actually got them to finish 2nd in La Liga and reach the last 4 of the biggest club competition”

So no, no silverware, but what an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back