Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the scoreline 6-1 :o with Villas last injury time penalty their only shot on target lol

Were all Villas players terrible or did any look half decent?
No one broke a sweat. They look in real danger. Grealish still looks like he can play, had a few runs but no real impact, mings looked a shadow of himself. Rest of the team is poor. Have lost there only striker, and their keeper, and McGinn is our for a season. The rest of the team is going to struggle. Unless they spend in jan they are down

Still? I never said I wanted Mark Hughes.

If they go down, all good things must come to an end. In 18 months when Ancelotti gets bombed out of Goodison, that won’t make him a bad manager..... just as Eddie isn’t a bad manager now.

You might finally get to see the top manager Manuel Pellegrini in the Goodison hotseat then mate.

I wonder if Bournemouth will do what Watford did & blame Everton after they sack Howe.

He’s got a lot of runs on the board for them, but they are in awful form. 1 win in their last 10 games, 4pts from the last 30, 5 goals scored & -15 GD

Since they got into the PL they have started off each season fairly strong. Pundits have talked them up as dark horses for European qualification and said what a wonderful job Howe has done with the resources on offer to him. Then from November to March they've gone on a slump that they manage to rectify and finish just close enough away from the bottom 3 that they weren't mentioned as strugglers.

They don't look like turning their form around. I'm not sure that Howe can find another way to play football than he does. They've spent a fair bit, and large sums on player's who don't look capable of delivering in this league.

I'm not sure whether Bournemouth would sack him given what he's done for the club, but maybe he has ran his course there. There's also a part of me that wonders whether Harry Redknapp will turn up there as 'saviour'.

I'd be very surprised if Howe was sacked, or resigned for that matter.

People forget the sheer volume of injuries they've had this season (more than any other side) including how many key players they've had out too.

Even top sides wouldn't be able to cope with that sort of injury list, let alone a small team like Bournemouth.

I still don't reckon they'll go down, they've got too much quality with players like Ake, Lerma, Wilson, Fraser, King and Wilson.

Providing they keep them fit, I reckon they'll turn it around.

I'd be very surprised if Howe was sacked, or resigned for that matter.

People forget the sheer volume of injuries they've had this season (more than any other side) including how many key players they've had out too.

Even top sides wouldn't be able to cope with that sort of injury list, let alone a small team like Bournemouth.

I still don't reckon they'll go down, they've got too much quality with players like Ake, Lerma, Wilson, Fraser, King and Wilson.

Providing they keep them fit, I reckon they'll turn it around.

He seemed pretty defeated in his post-match - said he needs to go away and reflect on whether he is doing 'the best for the club' or something along those lines. They're proper dragged into trouble now, the result of 3 years of signing total dross.

Howe shouldn't be hounded out. Hes basically got that club up from the bottom of the football league to a stable Premier league club.

Even if they go down they should stick with him, he could easily get them back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back